Printing anything other than plain text can be difficult and
very wasteful if done incorrectly.
- If networked, know exactly which printer you are using.
- Know the different document formats handled by the printer.
- Know the format of the document that you want to print.
- When formats do not match, do not attempt to print.
- From a network browser or from MAPLE it is usually good to
"print to a file", ascertain the format of that file, and proceed
- When in doubt, do not print; consider saving to a file.
Many document formats can be converted to
Not all printers handle PostScript.
You need to know precisely how to proceed in order to print a
document without wasting a great deal of time and paper.
If you are not sure, ask your local system manager before
trying to print.