# Jeremy Birnbaum
## Contact Information
The above email is for albany.edu use only.
PGP Key can be given upon request in person.
#### B.S. in Computer Science
* Minor in Mathematics
* Minor in Physics
* Graduated Fall 2009
* Honors College
* Honors in Computer Science
* Summa cum laude
#### M.S. in Computer Science
* Graduated Fall 2010
#### Ph.D. in Computer Science
* Advisor: Jeong-Hyon Hwang
* In Progress
### Research Intersts
* Distributed and Decentralized Systems
* Graph Theory
* Graph Databases
* Trajectory Compression
* Security and Cryptographic Protocols
#### Tech Reports
* Jeong-Hyon Hwang, Jeremy Birnbaum, Alan Labouseur, Paul W. Olsen Jr., Sean R. Spillane, Jayadevan Vijayan, Wook-Shin Han. G*: A System for Efficiently Managing Large Graphs, August 2012.
* Jeong-Hyon Hwang; Jeremy Birnbaum; Thomas Jordan; Wook-Shin Han. G*: A Parallel System for Efficiently Managing Multiple Large Graphs, July 2011.
* Alan G. Labouseur, Jeremy Birnbaum, Paul Olsen Jr., Sean R. Spillane, Jayadevan Vijayan, Wook-Shin Han, and Jeong-Hyon Hwang, "The G* Graph Database: Efficiently Managing Large Distributed Dynamic Graphs" (submitted).
* Kyuseo Park, Jeremy Birnbaum, Yuchao Ma, Paul Olsen Jr., Jonathan Muckell, S. S. Ravi, Catherine Lawson, and Jeong-Hyon Hwang, "TrajMetrix: A Trajectory Compression Benchmarking Framework (Demo Paper)", to appear in Proc. of the 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 2013.
* Sean Spillane, Jeremy Birnbaum, Daniel Bokser, Daniel Kemp, Alan Labouseur, Paul Olsen Jr., Jayadevan Raja, Jeong-Hyon Hwang, Jun-Weon Yoon, "A Demonstration of the G* Graph Database Systems", Proc. of the 29th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Brisbane, Australia, 2013 [paper] [poster] [slides] [manual] [source code].
* Jeremy Birnbaum, Hsiang-Cheng Meng, Jeong-Hyon Hwang, and Catherine Lawson, "Similarity-Based Compression of GPS Trajectory Data", Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Computing for Geospatial Research and Application (COM.Geo), San Jose, California, 2013 [paper].
* Jeong-Hyon Hwang, Jeremy Birnbaum, Rohini Vabbalareddy, S. S. Ravi, Chanyeol Park, "A Graph Database Approach for Efficient and Scalable Management of Simulations", Proc. of the 2nd Annual Workshop on High-Performance Computing meets Databases (HPCDB), held in conjunction with the Conference on High Performance Computing Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC), Salt Lake City, UT, 2012 [paper].
### Research Groups
[G* Research Group](http://www.cs.albany.edu/~gstar/)
University Transportation Research Center (UTRC)