November 16, 2001 (Friday) at 7:30 p.m.
(Cuba, 1978, 130 minutes, color, 35mm)
A bourgeois Cuban family of aristocratic origin locks itself into its mansion when the Cuban Revolution comes to power, waiting for the new regime to be overthrown. As time passes, they regress to older and older systems of policital order, from capitalism to feudalism to "primitive savagery." This dark comic classic, by one of Cuba's most acclaimed directors, was never released commercially in the United States.
2. Fresa y chocolate (1993)
3. Hasta cierto punto (1984)
4. Los Sobrevivientes (1979)
5. La Última cena (1976)
6. Memorias del subdesarrollo (1968)
7. Muerte de un burócrata (1966)
8. Las Doce sillas (1962)
9. Esta tierra nuestra (1959)
10. El Mégano (1955)