Petitions for Students
Below you will find the links to forms and applications that are central to the services that this office provides. As of Spring 2020, all forms and applications are online and our office will no longer accept paper forms.
If you have questions regarding the forms and/or information requested/required for submission, please feel free to call or stop in to Lecture Center 30 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, so that we may personally address any questions or concerns that you may have. (Summer hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). You may also address inquiries to UGEducation@albany.edu
Absence Accommodation Request
- Due to COVID-19 and the change in course delivery method, we are asking students to work directly with their instructors for absence accommodations for the foreseeable future.
If you are having technical issues, please fill out this form: https://albany.jotform.com/200777729657066
If you have additional questions, please submit your question here: https://albany.jotform.com/200865960299972
- Complete this form if you are transferring to another institution and need a letter from the University at Albany sent to your transfer institution. Please note, we are obligated to report any academic or disciplinary sanctions you might have at the University at Albany. Students must provide the form(s) to be sent, and an email address or fax number for the transfer institution. NOTE: faxes may not go through. We encourage you to provide a direct email account for communication. If you wish to have the letter sent to the transfer institution via postal mail, you must bring an addressed and stamped envelope to Lecture Center 30
- Complete this form to request the ability to take courses for UAlbany degree completion at another institution. More specific information regarding eligibility and the process can be found on this website: click here
- Complete this form if you are senior student (credits completed plus credits in progress equal to or exceeding 88) that needs to complete a 100-level course to complete a General Education, Major, or Minor requirement.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the course withdrawal deadline. Students must submit one form for each course. Instructor of the course must also complete a portion of the form.
- If you wish to withdraw from all University at Albany coursework, please complete the Withdrawal form.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the S/U deadline for a course enrollment. Instructor must also complete a portion of the form.
- Complete this form to request an exception to the Graduation with Honors Policy. In order to graduate with Honors (cum laude, etc.) students must have completed a minimum of 56 credits at the University at Albany, including a minimum of 40 credits that are graded A-E. Please note, the GPA requirement of 3.25 or higher is not waived under any circumstances.
- Complete this form for each course you wish to be reviewed to meet a General Education requirement. Students may request that a University at Albany course be used to meet a requirement, or request that a transfer course be used to meet a requirement.
- Complete this form to request a waiver of credits towards the residence requirement in your major and/or minor. Department/School that offers the major or minor will be required to submit a recommendation.
- Complete this form to request a review of your proficiency in a foreign language to waive the SUNY General Education Foreign Language requirement. You may be required to meet with a faculty member to vet your proficiency the language.
- All undergraduate students at UAlbany may choose to take their courses satisfactory/unsatisfactory (S/U) for the Spring 2020 semester. Complete this form for your request. An approval email will be sent to your advisor.
- Complete this form to request permission to take more than 18 credits in a semester. Students must have a demonstrated record of taking 18 credits or more (A-E grading) with semester GPA of 3.00 or higher. If your cumulative GPA is below a 3.00, your request will only be considered with demonstrated/documented extenuating circumstances. Your advisor is required to submit a portion of this form to provide an endorsement of your request.
- Complete this form to request a waiver to the requirement of completing a minimum of 30 of your last 60 credits at the University at Albany.
- Complete this form to request inclusion on the Dean’s List or Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Part-Time Study following a grade change or incomplete grade change. Students must meet all other requirements of the Dean’s List or Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Part-Time Study.
- Complete this application and proposal through the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee of the Undergraduate Academic Council to propose an interdisciplinary major that will meet your educational goals that are not attainable within an existing major. For more information about this application process and proposal requirements, please visit this website, click here.
- Complete this application and proposal through the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee of the Undergraduate Academic Council to propose an interdisciplinary minor that includes course work from at least two different departments, programs, or schools. Fir more information about this application process and the proposal requirements, please visit this website, click here
- UUNI 290 Internships are open to those University at Albany matriculated students who will have sophomore standing or higher (have completed at least 24 graduation credits) prior to the beginning of the internship and who have a cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.00. UUNI 290 internships are usually taken for 1-4 credits. To complete the application, click here
- UUNI 390 Internships are open to those University at Albany matriculated students who will have junior standing or higher (have completed at least 56 graduation credits) prior to the beginning of the internship and who have a cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.00. UUNI 390 internships are usually take for 1-9 credits, but a student may petition for up to 15 credits. To complete the application, click here
- Complete this form to withdraw from the University at Albany and all current or future coursework. For more information about the Withdrawal process and information that may assist you, please click here
- Students may apply for readmission to the University at Albany after withdrawing. For more information about the Readmission process, please click here