Residential Dining Transition Effective 9/21
Please check back frequently for more updates to this information.
Based on the number of students currently on campus, usage of the residential dining rooms and requests for greater variety, UAlbany Dining has decided to move all dining operations to the Campus Center. As indicated last week, effective Monday, September 21st, Indian and State Quad dining program will transition to Campus Center retail, and students on a myGreatDane Meal Plan will be transitioned to the myFlex Meal Plan.
More details are available about the dining transition to retail on the webinar video below.
Some other quick points:
- Check here for updated dining hours of operation for Sept. 21-Nov. 25
- Kosher meals will continue to utilize the same online ordering process, pickup at 518 Market
- The allergen-free zone, Simple Servings, will be offered at Star Ginger
- Download GET Food app (App Store, Google Play) to preorder for pick-up at retail dining venues to avoid lines
Students on a myGreatDane #1 meal plan will be transitioned to myFlex #2 and students on a myGreatDane #2 meal plan will be transitioned to myFlex #1.
(Will be unique to each student)
|myGreatDane Plan #1 Usage
|myFlex Discount Dollar Price
(60% off door rate when using DD)
|Discount Dollar Adjustment
||myFlex #2 Starting Balance
||Adjusted Starting Balance on 9/21
Stay on track of your spending with Dining's Discount Dollar usage guide.
- Up to $500 in Discount Dollars can be added per semester on a myFlex plan.
- Discount Dollars will rollover from fall to spring and expire in the spring.
- It's discouraged to use Discount Dollars in vending and for packaged goods.
- As in other areas of the campus, students are required to wear a mask, except those eating at a table.
Hours of Operation
As indicated last week, effective Monday, September 21st, Indian and State Quad dining program will transition to Campus Center retail.
Why Transition Now?
- Student and parent feedback regarding variety
- Number of students on campus/using the facilities
- Increased opportunity for social distancing
A transition to retail will allow:
- Flexibility to eat where desired.
- Preordering for pick-up on GET Food app. Avoiding lines for safety and convenience.
- Increased variety.
- Over 120,000 sq.ft. of space at Campus Center.
- Menu items offered at a 30% and 50% discount for meal plan holders using Discount Dollars.
Lines and Crowds
- Since the beginning of the semester there have been minimal crowds in all locations.
- Please utilize the GET Food app for preordering.
- There is limited seating, so most students do not stay.
- Counts from residential and retail indicate limited customers before 8:30am.
- We will continue to monitor counts and feedback.
- Breakfast options: Fountain Grill Breakfast, Nikos, Starbucks, and 518 Market.
- Blend visits of 50% and 30% venues.
- Usage Guide at ualbanydining.com
- Check fund balances regularly on CBORD app or online (www.ualbanyid.com).
Nutrition and Special Diets
- Campus nutritionist, Donna Duffy, is a free service available to all students on a meal plan.
- Allergen/gluten free station, Simple Servings, moving to retail (at Star Ginger) - 50% off.
- Allergens, GF, vegan/vegetarian, halal and kosher menu item lists are posted at each venue.
- Halal meat available at Halal Shack, Baba's Pizza and 518 Market.
- Kosher meals will follow the same online ordering process with pick-up at Campus Center.