Paying Bills

Paying your study abroad bills

Reminder: UAlbany students and non-SUNY students will be billed for all amounts listed on the Estimate of Costs by UAlbany's Office of Student Accounts through e-pay EXCEPT the amounts listed under 'Other Projected Expenses'. Students attending other 4-year SUNY schools will get two bills: one from their home SUNY campus for tuition and the university fee and another from UAlbany for all other study abroad charges listed above.  Therefore, students from other SUNY campuses participating in UAlbany options abroad should expect to receive and pay their bill for SUNY tuition, the university fee, and any other mandatory campus fees from their HOME SUNY campus in addition to the invoice from UAlbany for study abroad related charges. 

Payment of E-Bills:

Via U.S. Mail by Check, mail your check with a copy of the invoice to the following address:

University at Albany
State University of New York
G-26 Bursar’s Office
Albany, NY  12222

You must include a copy of your E-bill if paying by mail. Please make sure your UAlbany student ID # is clearly printed on the payment.  If a copy of your invoice is not included, your payment may not be applied to your account, possibly resulting in delays and late fees.

Save time and effort by using UAlbany's on-line payment option at: Students can view, pay, and set up others as authorized users to view and pay invoices.

Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted on epay.

You will need:
• Your UAlbany Net ID and Password (from the UAlbany ITS Department)
• If paying from your checking or savings account, you will also need your bank’s routing number and your account number and your UAlbany ID

For specific information regarding payment policies, please visit:
Questions about paying on-line? Please call the Student Financial Center at 518.442.3202 or email the Student Financial Center at

Budget Program - E-Payment Plan

To help students and families meet the costs of education, UAlbany offers the E-Payment Plan, a four-installment payment plan that allows enrollees to pay semester charges in four monthly payments.   A two-installment payment plan is available for the summer term.

Credit Card Payments Are Not Accepted Over the Telephone or by Mail

If you plan on paying for part or all of your invoices with financial aid (loans, etc.), you must inform the financial aid office at your home school that you will be studying abroad via the University at Albany.  Since your aid may be processed while you are away, you must provide your home campus with copies of your invoices and authorize them to make payments on your behalf before your departure so that your school can forward your aid. Consider giving your parents power of attorney for this purpose. 

Should you receive a financial aid refund from your home school, make sure all your study abroad invoices have been paid in full before you spend the money!

If your invoices have not been paid in full, a hold will be placed on your records at UAlbany which will prevent the release of your official transcript.

IRS Form 1098-T

The Office of Education Abroad at the University at Albany does not collect or share the social security numbers of study abroad participants.  However, IRS Form 1098-T, which substantiates qualified educational expenses, must contain this number.  Your Education Abroad Differential and any tuition that you pay to the University at Albany are qualified expenses.  Therefore, you must inform the University at Albany of your social security number so that your 1098-T can be issued.  The University at Albany already has your permanent address in its official records.

All students paying tuition or an education abroad differential to the University at Albany must submit the “
Personal Identification Change Form” to the University at Albany in order for their social security number to be entered in UAlbany's official records.  You may return this form and copies of the required documentation in person or by fax or you may mail it to the Office of the Registrar, University at Albany, Campus Center B-52, Albany NY 12222.   Do not return it to the Office of Education Abroad.

For more information about Form 1098-T, see

The University at Albany treats personal student information, including social security numbers and individual taxpayer identification numbers, confidentially and maintains the information in the manner as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the NYS Cyber Security Policy PO3-002: Information Security Policy, Education Law Section 2-b, NYS General Business law Section 399-ddd and SUNY Policy 6604.

Last modified 1/26/16