Different Types of Payments and How They Are Refunded

Title IV Aid Payments

Title IV Aid consists of any Federal aid that is administered by the Financial Aid Office and is applied to a student’s account. This includes Stafford and Plus loans, as well a Pell, ACG and Smart grants. If you aid exceeds your billed charges, you will be issued a refund.

Title IV aid can only pay charges related to a student’s attendance at the University such as tuition, fees, room and board. Title IV aid cannot pay optional charges, such as the Student Alumni Partnership Charge, Health Center, Library or Res Life room damage fees unless authorization is granted by the student.

Authorize Use of Financial Aid to Pay Other Charges

For more information on financial aid, please visit the Financial Aid Office website.

Non-Title IV Payments and Personal Payments

Non-Title IV aid consists of any and all aid not provided or subsidized by the Federal Government. Examples consist of Alternative Loans, Scholarships and personal payments.

Non-Title IV aid is not bound by the same restrictions as Title IV aid and therefore can be used to pay optional charges as well as pay previous balances from past semesters outside of the given aid year.

Refunds of Non-Title IV aid are usually a result of a reduction of your charges. Should you drop classes at the University creating a credit on your account, personal payments made by check or credit card will be refunded in the manner in which the payment was made. Scholarships and other third party payments may be returned to the provider of the scholarship or payment.