Financial Aid and E-Bills
Why Doesn't Your Financial Aid Appear on Your E-Bill?
Students who applied for financial aid but whose aid does not appear on their E-Bill should check for the following before contacting the Student Financial Center:
- Did you file the FAFSA for the 2017 aid year?
- Is the correct UAlbany Federal School Code on your FAFSA: 002835?
- Did you receive an email or letter from the Financial Aid Office asking for information after you filed your FAFSA?
- Did you submit the requested information to the Financial Aid Office?
- Do you have action items on your MyUAlbany Important Notices?
- If your FAFSA was "rejected," did you do what you needed to fix it?
- Have you accepted your awards on MyUAlbany?
- Did you complete an E-Entrance Interview and E-Master Promissory Note if you are a new loan borrower at UAlbany?
- Are you registered for 6 or more credits?
- Are you matriculated in a degree program?
- Do you check your @Albany.edu email address?
- Does your email spam filter block email messages from @Albany.edu?
- Is your permanent address listed on MyUAlbany correct?
- Did you receive a letter or email regarding "Satisfactory Academic Progress?"
- For Undergraduate New York State Residents:
- Did you complete the TAP application?
- Did you lists the correct UAlbany NYS School Code: 0895?
- Has HESC contacted you to complete a HESC residency application?
- If HESC requires a residency application, did you complete and submit it?
Please be sure to check your MyUAlbany Important Notices after you accept your Financial Aid Award.