UAlbany at 2019 APHA Meeting
The University at Albany School of Public Health was thrilled to attend the 2019 American Public Health Association (APHA) Meeting and Expo, where public health practitioners come together to meet face-to-face with thousands of influential decision makers and professionals. In addition to a booth showcasing the University at Albany, our community was involved in the following:
Dr. Christine Bozlak
- Roundtable presentation: "Capital Region FRESH: Designing a community-engaged study of the impacts of regional surplus produce recovery and redistribution."
- Poster presentation: "A comparison study of school environmental health-related practices and policies between private and public schools using multi-level data."
Dr. Julia Hastings
- Panel facilitator and presenter: "Quiet crisis of heroin use: An epidemic among older adults."
- "African Americans, caregiving, and physical health ratings: Does culture, religion and spirituality provide support?" - PHSW Poster Session: Children Youth and Families.
Dr. Akiko Hosler
- Primary presenter: Section #: 3347.0 "Capital Region FRESH: Designing a community-engaged study of the impacts of regional surplus produce recovery and redistribution."
- Primary presenter: Section #: 4032.0 "Methodology to visualize food stores’ varying consumer impacts in low-income communities."
Dr. Mary Gallant
- Attended business meetings, reception, and award ceremonies as Aging & Public Health Section chair.
- Co-author on two roundtable presentations.
- Moderated an APHA-wide session on Aging.
Dr. Jennifer Manganello
- Poster: 2077.0 A Content Analysis of Child Injury Prevention Messages on Social Media
- Moderated: 3281.0 Improving the Public Health and Healthcare Workforce through Innovative Teaching and Skill Building Approaches (organized by HCWG)
Presented at a roundtable: "Developing the Dementia Care Workforce: The New York State Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support Initiative."
Dr. Melissa Tracy
- Poster in the Family Violence prevention poster session
- Oral presentation in session 5003.0 "Issues in alcohol use among adolescents and young adults"
- On abstract for a round table talk called "Developing the Dementia Care Workforce: The New York State Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support Initiative", presented on November 5, 2019.
Eun Kyung Lee
- Presented a poster entitled "Assessing Potential Associations between Residential Exposure to Biorefinery Sites and Asthma and New York State."
Kathryn (Kate) Mishkin
- Developed Maternal and Child Health Policy Statements in a team.