2022 Fellowship on Women & Public Policy Application Deadline Extended to September 15th
The Center for Women in Government & Civil Society invites graduate students and mid-level professionals committed to positive social change and seeking to strengthen their leadership skills and broaden their public policy knowledge to apply for the 2022 Fellowship on Women & Public Policy. The application is due to Dr. Dina Refki ([email protected]) by Wednesday, September 15th.
Since 1983, the Fellowship on Women & Public Policy has prepared public policy leaders by instilling the knowledge and cultivating the skills needed to become effective advocates and public policy leaders.
Through a balanced and comprehensive approach that combines academic instruction, field placement in a New York State-based public policy position, and personal and professional development activities, the program supports fellows to:
- Understand the public policy world with both theoretical and practical instruction from leaders in the policy arena.
- Research, analyze, and advocate for issues of concern to women, children, families and communities in New York State.
- Strengthen skills in writing, public policy analysis and creative and critical thinking, and sharpen interpersonal and critical skills needed to become effective leaders.
- Explore ways to overcome personal and professional barriers to leadership.
- Develop a professional network of mentors and become part of an expanding community of alumna Fellows.
Based in Albany, N.Y., this six-month program runs from the beginning of January through the end of June each year. Fellows are full-time graduate students in the Spring semester and work thirty hours a week in their placement offices. A $10,000 stipend plus tuition assistance is available to Fellows.
The Fellowship invites qualified graduate students and professionals who have completed at least 12 credits of graduate coursework and who possess a minimum of three years of internship/work experience to apply. It is an interdisciplinary program that invites applications from all fields of study. Fellows are selected on a competitive basis and must be in good academic standing at their college or university. The Fellowship is primarily for graduate students, but mid-level professionals who demonstrate commitment to the vision of the Fellowship are also encouraged to apply.