The University at Albany has a longstanding tradition and policy of openness in education and research. This openness includes welcoming and encouraging the participation of international students, faculty and others entities in research and educational activities without regard to their nationality.
That said, rapid technological advances along with an ever increasingly complicated international political environment require that certain reasonable precautions be taken and safeguards put in place to ensure a safe and sustainable academic and research environment at UAlbany.
Toward that end, this page offers key resources to faculty and staff to achieve that goal.
Key Information on Current Regulations Regarding Undue Foreign Influences
- The State University of New York Statement on Foreign Disclosure and Export Controls (Sept 2019)
- NSF Dear Colleague Letter: Research Protection (July 2019)
- NIH Notice NOT-OD-19-114 (July 2019)
- DoE Directive (June 2019)
- DoD memo (March 2019) and Academic Letter to Universities (Oct 2019)
- NASA grant restrictions and NASA contract restrictions