The University at Albany is committed to the highest standards of ethics, honesty and integrity and recognizes that academic and research activities as well as proper student support involve significant regulatory and ethical responsibilities and associated risks. The Office of Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance is charged with creating processes, structures, and services, along with the associated monitoring mechanisms to help ensure that the University can meet this commitment. In furtherance of this charge, the Office of Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance:
- oversees a comprehensive enterprise risk management system at the University;
- monitors compliance by the University with all required internal and external rules, policies, regulations and laws’
- provides industry best services to State University of New York students and alumni for a number of student financial assistance programs;
- advances a living, learning, and working environment that is safe, welcoming, and free from discrimination and sexual violence;
- creates, maintains, and enforces a comprehensive set of institutional policies that assist the University in meeting all of its goals; and
- implements review and testing systems required to help insure that the University has the proper controls in place to continue to meet its objectives and mission.
The Office of Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance welcomes all inquiries and suggestions regarding its work.