SNAP Benefits (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
There are many ways that students can qualify for SNAP benefits.
Please review the SNAP Student Eligibility checklist for more detailed information.
For help with SNAP: https://hungersolutionsny.org/find-food-help/snap/
Please note: UAlbany students would NOT qualify under the following eligibility criteria:
- Attend a SUNY/CUNY community college, comprehensive college, or technical college and are enrolled in a career and technical education (CTE) program (UAlbany does not have a CTE program)
- Attend an Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) and are enrolled in a career and technical education (CTE) program, remedial courses, basic adult education, literacy, or English as a second language (UAlbany does not have any EOC or CTE programs)
But MAY qualify under other eligibility requirements if they:
- Qualify to participate in a work-study program (Work Study award is listed on Financial Aid Award Letter)
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $0 (EFC is listed on Financial Aid Award Letter)
To get a printable PDF of your UAlbany Financial Aid award letter:
- Visit MyUAlbany, click "Student Log On" and enter your NetID and password
- Choose the "Finances" tab near the top of the page
- Click the "Financial Aid" link on the left side of the page
- Select "2021" under Aid Year column (Financial Aid Year 2020-2021)
- Click the "View UAlbany Award" yellow button for your personalized award letter