Authority and responsibility for assigning and changing grades rests with the instructor of record.
Grading deadlines will be published each semester on MyUAlbany (Employee Portal>Academic Services and Advising – under Important Semester Information).
The Registrar’s Office will communicate deadlines to faculty via their @albany.edu e-mail address. Instructors are encouraged to check their class rosters throughout the semester via MyUAlbany (Employee Portal>Academic Services and Advising – under Faculty Center and Advising>Class Schedules, Rosters and Grades).
All students must be graded, including internships, independent readings, directed research, and dissertation load. Internships that conclude beyond the end of the semester should be entered as an Incomplete (I).
When grades are late, students may be disadvantaged in a number of ways including:
• Missed employment opportunities related to our inability to award and verify student degrees
• Financial aid processes are delayed, thus postponing disbursements and refunds issued to students
• Missed opportunities for enrollment in additional coursework
• Missed opportunities for admission to graduate school
• Missed opportunities for inclusion in Academic Dean’s List distribution lists
• Missed opportunities for scholarships that depend on verification of GPA and credits completed (e.g., Excelsior Scholarship)
• Delayed notification of academic actions/sanctions allowing students to plan accordingly for additional or repeated coursework
The Registrar’s Office is available for assistance and questions regarding final grading and can be reached at 518-442-5540 or [email protected].