Proof of Enrollment and Enrollment Verification
An Enrollment Verification serves as documentation that a student is enrolled at the University for a particular semester(s) as a full-time, three quarter-time, half-time, or less than half-time student. This document is frequently requested to prove enrollment to health insurance and housing agencies, employers, scholarships, or others.
Registered students may obtain Enrollment Verifications (proof of enrollment) from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via MyUAlbany according to the following schedule:
Spring Semester: Available beginning at the end of November
Summer Semester: Available beginning the last week of May
Fall Semester: Available beginning at the end of April
Please be advised that The Enrollment Verification Certificate students download is the official University at Albany enrollment verification.
Steps to generate and print an NSC Enrollment Verification Certificate
Click on the top navigational link “Academics”
Scroll down to the "Enrollment Verification" section located in the middle of the page and choose the "To access your Enrollment Verification, Good Student Discount Certificate, and Loan Deferment Information, click here" hyperlink.
At the NSC site there are three options
- Current Enrollment: Choose this option beginning on the 3rd day of classes and throughout the current semester or
- All Enrollment: Choose this option for previous semesters or
- Advanced Registration: Choose this option through the first day of classes, then choose Current Enrollment
Once you have selected one of the above options click on the hyperlink "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate"
The electronic watermark of the tree located behind the student information is the "seal" which authenticates the information on the enrollment verification and guarantees that the document has not been tampered with.
Parents may generate and print an Enrollment Verification Certificate for their student via the web at http://www.mystudentcenter.org/. A fee of $2.50 is charged by the Clearinghouse for this service.
- Have your student print one for free from MyUAlbany (there is a section at the top of the Enrollment Verification for your student to add the insurance policy number).
- If your insurance company has its own form, complete the portion of their form with your policy information and then attach the Enrollment Verification Certificate from the Clearinghouse.
**New and Improved** University Enrollment Verification
- An Enrollment Verification on Letterhead with Official University Seal can be requested in lieu of most third party forms
The updated University Enrollment Verification includes the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Class Standing
- Good Standing Indicator
- Degrees Earned/Honors
- Term Begin/End Dates
- Credits per Term
- Career Level (Undergraduate/Graduate)
- Enrollment Status
- Current Program of Study with Expected Completion Date
Steps to submit a Request for Enrollment Verification Services:
- Log on to MyUAlbany
- Click on the top navigational link "Academics"
- Scroll down to "Records Services" on the left-hand side
- Select "Request for Enrollment Verification Services"