Welcome to the Office of the Provost, Division of Academic Affairs. As the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs it is my great pleasure to serve as the chief academic officer for the institution, where I see it as my role to support, oversee and execute the University’s academic mission.
To achieve this, I work with our dynamic and vibrant team of staff, faculty, chairs and deans to encourage excellence in research, scholarship, teaching and service; oversee units within the division to support and expand student learning and faculty development; and collaborate closely with the president and other senior officers to align our academic efforts in support of the University’s priorities and Strategic Plan.
In this role, my goals are to:
- provide students with transformative learning experiences, diverse and enriching educational offerings, and holistic academic and individual support;
- help to recruit, retain, support and advance a diverse community of full- and part-time faculty in all stages of their academic careers in an inclusive and collaborative environment;
- provide strategic leadership and coordination for the academic enterprise, working with the Office of the President and other members of senior leadership to oversee academic policies and activities University-wide;
- foster a culture of innovation, resilience and resourcefulness in teaching, learning, research, scholarship and creative activity by encouraging and incentivizing experimentation, promoting best practices, and removing barriers to progress and creativity; and
- manage and protect intellectual, material and administrative resources to support the academic mission and strategic goals of the University.
As the division that oversees all academic programs, units that support and expand the student learning experience, and initiatives that promote faculty development, we are a cornerstone of the University. Together with our University colleagues and external partners, we have the capacity and the responsibility to achieve these goals.
Thank you for visiting our site. If you have any questions or feedback, or if we can assist you in any way, please reach out to our office at any time.
Carol H. Kim, PhD
Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs