a lover letter to Brian, Lesley, and Michelle - Feb. 8 & 9
High School Matinee
Please note: A limited number of seats are available for each screening.
This immersive film uses dance, theatre and text to further the discussion around #BLACKLIVESMATTER and events pertaining to race relations in America. It is the result of human beings coming together - diverse in age, sexuality, race and gender, talking with their bodies, minds and souls about Black lives. Presenting a compelling commentary covering topics such as white fragility, diversity & inclusion, anti-blackness, anti-queerness and racial fear, the work forces viewers to step outside of their own bodies and into bodies that continue to be brutalized, objectified and minimized within America. Director and Skidmore College faculty member Hettie Barnhill will lead a discussion after the screening.
Date and Time: Wednesday & Thursday, February 8 & 9, 2023 at 10am
Snow Date and Time: Friday, February 10, 2023 at 10am
Running Time: 90 minutes
Resources: Teacher support materials provided
Reservations and Other Information
- For 22-23, admission is free to all performances and reservations are required. To make a reservation for your school group or for additional details, contact Kim Engel at 518-442-5738 or [email protected].
- Our series of high school matinees culminates with a play about hunger and food insecurity. We are asking that groups consider collecting and bringing canned and non-perishable items for donation to UAlbany’s Purple Pantry as well as local community food banks and pantries.
- Resource materials are generally available approximately one month in advance of the shows. Directions and bus information are provided upon reservation.
- Guided campus, Performing Arts Center and Art Museum tours as well as other activities like departmental meetings, class observations and lunch in the Campus Center are possible when your group is on campus. More information will be provided with your reservation.
- Home school students and parents are welcome.
- Please read our current COVID safety protocols
Funding support provided by University Auxiliary Services.