Life Hacks: Classical Music Edition - Oct. 25
High School Matinee
Do you ever wonder how classical composers use sound and technique to create so many different moods and feelings out of only 12 little notes? Join the Capital Trio in an exploration of the different tools in the classical composer’s toolbox for creating music that moves from joyful to desperate to exhilarated to lost, all while maintaining motivic unity and cohesion in classical forms. Using works of Mozart, Dvorak, Walther and others, the musicians will take apart the score and reveal the small pixels that work together to form a much larger composition.
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 10am
Running Time: 90 minutes
Resources: Teacher support materials provided
Reservations and Other Information
- For 22-23, admission is free to all performances and reservations are required. To make a reservation for your school group or for additional details, contact Kim Engel at 518-442-5738 or [email protected].
- Our series of high school matinees culminates with a play about hunger and food insecurity. We are asking that groups consider collecting and bringing canned and non-perishable items for donation to UAlbany’s Purple Pantry as well as local community food banks and pantries.
- Resource materials are generally available approximately one month in advance of the shows. Directions and bus information are provided upon reservation.
- Guided campus, Performing Arts Center and Art Museum tours as well as other activities like departmental meetings, class observations and lunch in the Campus Center are possible when your group is on campus. More information will be provided with your reservation.
- Home school students and parents are welcome.
- Please read our current COVID safety protocols
Funding support provided by University Auxiliary Services.