The City Without Jews
The screening of this 1924 silent film by the great director H.K. Breslauer has English intertitles and is accompanied by an original score performed live by violinist Alicia Svigals (founder of the Grammy-winning Klezmatics) and pianist Donald Sosin. Based on the dystopian book by Hugo Bettauer and one of the few surviving Austrian Expressionist films, it was originally intended as political satire but can be seen as a chilling premonition of the Holocaust.
Date and Time: Monday, September 20, 2021 at 10am
Running Time: 90 minutes
Resources: Teacher support materials provided
Reservations and Other Information
- For 21-22, admission is free to all performances and reservations are required. To make a reservation for your school group or for additional details, contact Kim Engel at 518-442-5738 or [email protected].
- Resource materials are generally available approximately one month in advance of the shows. Directions and bus information are provided upon reservation.
- Guided campus, Performing Arts Center and Art Museum tours as well as other activities like departmental meetings, class observations and lunch in the Campus Center are possible when your group is on campus. More information will be provided with your reservation.
- Home school students and parents are welcome.
- Please read our current COVID safety protocols