ChoreoPhysics - March 24
High School Matinee
This program is the product of a collaboration between an artist and a scientist. For an entire semester, Professor Keith Earle of the UAlbany Physics Department and choreographer Ellen Sinopoli focused on a communion of the arts and sciences studying side by side the principles of physics and modern dance. Equal parts lecture, demonstration, performance and discussion, it includes a choreographic work for the Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company that utilizes more than a dozen laws of physics, deeply intertwining the science with the dance. Almost 2500 high school students taking classes in physics, calculus, pre-calculus, anatomy & physiology, chemistry and biology have experienced this program since its creation.
Date and Time: Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 10am
Running Time: 90 minutes
Resources: Teacher study guide provided
Reservations and Other Information
- For 21-22, admission is free to all performances and reservations are required. To make a reservation for your school group or for additional details, contact Kim Engel at 518-442-5738 or [email protected].
- Resource materials are generally available approximately one month in advance of the shows. Directions and bus information are provided upon reservation.
- Guided campus, Performing Arts Center and Art Museum tours as well as other activities like departmental meetings, class observations and lunch in the Campus Center are possible when your group is on campus. More information will be provided with your reservation.
- Home school students and parents are welcome.
- Please read our current COVID safety protocols
(Photo by Gary Gold)