Blind Visionaries - Feb. 4
High School Matinee
Exploring the nature of sight and blindness, light and dark…and what it means to truly see, this multi-disciplinary program features images created by the blind and visually impaired photographers of the Seeing with Photography Collective and original jazz music performed live by the Daniel Kelly Trio. In addition to a demonstration of their “light painting” process, the program also includes recorded interviews with members of the Collective whose reflections upon their personal experiences with blindness were the inspiration to Kelly’s compositions.
Date and Time: Friday, February 4, 2022 at 10am
Running Time: 60 minutes + 20 minute post-show discussion
Resources: Teacher support materials provided
Reservations and Other Information
- For 21-22, admission is free to all performances and reservations are required. To make a reservation for your school group or for additional details, contact Kim Engel at 518-442-5738 or [email protected].
- Resource materials are generally available approximately one month in advance of the shows. Directions and bus information are provided upon reservation.
- Guided campus, Performing Arts Center and Art Museum tours as well as other activities like departmental meetings, class observations and lunch in the Campus Center are possible when your group is on campus. More information will be provided with your reservation.
- Home school students and parents are welcome.
- Please read our current COVID safety protocols