Freshman Orientation consists of three components designed to support your transition to UAlbany: Great Dane Connection Days, Fall Orientation, and Virtual Orientation Modules.
Great Dane Connection Days
Great Dane Connection Days are half day programs offered both virtually and in-person. The program will include connection with your Orientation Leader and peers, meeting your academic advisor, and a campus tour.
For in-person Connection Days, you will have the option to spend the second half of your day exploring our campus and the Albany area. You may meet with the Financial Aid office, tour a residence hall room, explore the Athletics complex, and more! We will provide details on all of these options in your registration materials.
Registering for a Great Dane Connection Day:
- Be sure to pay your Enrollment deposit!
- You will receive a Welcome email directing you to the Welcome To-Do List in your Application Portal.
- From your Welcome To-Do List, you will have access to register for an in-person or virtual Great Dane Connection Day. There are several date options available beginning on June 28th and continuing throughout July.
All incoming students will participate in a mandatory Fall Orientation prior to the start of classes.
- If you are living on campus, you will attend a half day Fall Orientation after you move in. You will receive more information via email in early August.
- If you are not living on campus this fall, you will receive information in August regarding your Fall Orientation date.
Virtual Orientation Modules in Blackboard
Once you have paid your enrollment deposit, click here to log in to Blackboard with your Net ID and password to access your Virtual Orientation Modules. There are six modules covering Safety, Well-being, Financial Literacy, Student Life, Classroom Success, and Inclusion. These modules include important information on resources and services offered at UAlbany. You can review the modules and complete the quiz at the end of each section at your own pace. Please wait 2-3 business days after paying your enrollment deposit before accessing Blackboard.