A journal for poetry, criticism, reviews, stories and essays published by
Ricardo and Isabel Nirenberg since 1998.
See our guidelines. Mail queries and contributions to: [email protected]
Offcourse gratefully acknowledges the server support provided by The University at Albany.
Issue #81, June 2020
Charles Rammelkamp whose Catastroika was published in May: https://northofoxford.wordpress.com/2020/04/12/catastroika-by-charles-rammelkamp-available-for-pre-order/, and to Sarah White whose Iridescent Guest appeared in April: https://issuu.com/deerbrookeditions/docs/iridescent_guest_preview
Issue #80, March 2020
"The Viking from Brooklyn": remembering Stan Johannesen.
- Six Prose Poems by John Amen
- "A Form of Destruction" and other poems by Rose Mary Boehm
- "The Hapsburg Lip" and other poems by Stuart Friebert
- "The Planck Limit of Desire" and other work by Lou Gallo
- Poems from The Misprision of Agon Hack, by Daniel Y. Harris
- "Artocarpus" and "butea", poems by Irene Koronas
- "Four-Poster Bed" and other poems by Richard Merelman
- "The Sin Against the Human Spirit", an essay by Ricardo L. Nirenberg
- "Access", a poem by Fred Pollack
- Three Poems by Claire Scott
- "Instructor", a poem by Lois Greene Stone
- "Prime Mover", a poem by Daniel Sundahl
- "Baby on Board" and other poems by Richard Weaver
"Hsi-wei in the Gardens of Shun", a story
by Robert Wexelblatt
- "I, Who Never Learned to Long" and "Once, the Troubadour", poems by Sarah White
Joachim Frank's novel Aan Zee is now available at The Book Loft, in Great Barrington, MA. Please visit https://www.thebookloft.com/product/aan-zee
- E.M. Schorb on his illustrated collection of light verse, Muddling Through, Hillhouse, NY, 2019
- Fred Skolnik on his novel The Nightmare (written as Fred Russell) published by Moonshine Cove Publishing, 2019. The book is available from Amazon.
Issue #79, December 2019
- Joachim Frank on his novel Aan Zee being published by University Press of the South. Read the background story here.
- Daniel Gallick, whose Love on Blue Waves is now available from Amazon.
- Charles Rammelkamp, whose new chapbook, Mortal Coil, is forthcoming from Clare Songbirds Publishing. A full-length collection, Catastroika, is also forthcoming from Apprentice House.
- E.M. Schorb, on winning the 8th Annual Beverly Hills Books Award with his novel R&R: a sex comedy, published by Hill House, NY.
- J. R. Solonche, who has The Porch Poems (Deerbrook Editions), Enjoy Yourself (Serving House Books), The Time of Your Life (Adelaide Books), and For All I Know (Kelsay Books) all coming out in 2020. To Say the Least (Dos Madres Press) appeared in 2019.
- Robert Wexelblatt, on Girl Asleep and other Poems, published by Cyberwit.net in 2019, and on Intuition of the News, his new collection of short stories, published by Adelaide Books in 2019.
Issue #78, September 2019
- Daniel Y. Harris on The Reincarnation of Anna Phylactic (Volume III, The Posthuman Series)
- Irene Koronas on holyrit (Volume IV, The Grammaton Series).
(Both books are available for purchase at BlazeVOX)
- Ed Schorb on the review of "Fiat Lux" in Light Poetry Magazine