ITS provides telephony services offering a host of advanced features and benefits to faculty and staff across all three University campuses.
- High quality Voice over IP (VoIP) desk phone with speaker and caller ID capabilities
- Voicemail/UAlbany Mail/desktop Jabber integration
- Long distance calling without PAC codes
- Mobile options to use your University phone number from any location
- A software application to control a phone from a PC, perfect for call centers and heavy phone users
- Visual voicemail makes it easy to check voicemails directly from a computer
- Integration with Outlook to reflect calendar information and availability status
- Embedded directory of campus phone numbers
24 x 7
ITS is upgrading the campus telephone service to a new, Voice over IP system that runs on the University network and offers a host of advanced features. Expected completion of the upgrade is December 2019. ITS, Internal Controls and the Budget Office are working to establish a new charging model to replace the former telephone fee. As this effort is not yet complete, departments will be charged the FY 2018 cost for FY 2019.