Undergraduate Transfer Student Orientation Information
*Information for Spring 2022 Arrivals To Be Posted Here Soon*
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the below tasks before you arrive at UAlbany. Click the links for more information.
Please note: students must pay their Enrollment deposit in order to access MyUAlbany and complete the steps below.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Accounts
Information on how to do so is available here. Check your albany.edu email address at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here.
Review the Get Ready with ITS- New Student Guide to Technology at UAlbany for information on logging in, setting up your email and MyUAlbany accounts, Zoom, Blackboard, and more.
- Orientation Registration
- Click here to register for Orientation.
- You must use your applicant email (not UAlbany email) when logging in to register.
- All of Orientation is mandatory. Transfer students must attend both International Student Orientation and Transfer Orientation.
- Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021. This Orientation will include both virtual programming on Zoom and limited, optional in-person activities. You will also register for one virtual Transfer Connection Session, there are several offered throughout summer.
- SSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service reimbursement on August 15, 2021 from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. Students must save their receipt from their taxi and/or rideshare (Uber/Lyft) in order to be reimbursed. For more information and/or to sign-up, click here.
- You will begin the course registration process when you register for Orientation. An advisor from your academic major or the Academic Support Center will email you to discuss courses and answer any questions you may have. Your course schedule will be finalized during the academic advisement portion of your Transfer Orientation. For more information please view the New Student Transfer Academic Advising page.
As the University transitions back to in-person instruction, fully remote/online schedules will be limited to overseas students unable to enter the U.S. for the upcoming semester due to circumstances beyond their control, such as inability to obtain a visa, impeding timely travel for fall semester classes, or travel ban impositions. If you are unable to enter the U.S. this Fall 2021 to study in-person, please indicate your need for online courses to your academic advisor. Online schedules are limited and based on need.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation registration, you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
- There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account. The New Student Fee is $115 for transfer students.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Arrange for Housing & Review Quarantining & COVID Documentation Requirements
- Housing sign-up is done through the Office of Residential Life. More information about on-campus housing is available here. Transfers with freshmen or sophomore standing are required to live on campus unless they qualify for a housing exemption through Residential Life. On-campus housing assignments will be sent to your Albany.edu email address.
- New international students who will live on-campus may move-in starting at noon (12pm) on August 15th, 2021. If you are required to quarantine and will live on-campus please follow the instructions provided by the Office of Residential Life. If you arrive before your scheduled move-in please arrange for a hotel.
- Students living on campus should follow all Residential Life instructions for move-in and health documentation/quarantine requirements, if applicable. This includes having any required COVID related documentation and submission of MMR immunization requirements at the time of move-in.
- If you will be living off-campus, please review our page on Off Campus Housing. Please do not arrive to the United States without a place to stay, even if just temporarily (such as a hotel).
- Please review the University's COVID-19 vaccination policies-- including quarantine, testing, and other safety measures-- prior to arrival. More information may be found here. The U.S. CDC is also requiring all air passengers to the U.S. to carry proof of a negative COVID test or recovery when entering the U.S.
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services by Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR Requirement, requirement for TB Testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here.
- Upload your photo to ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Do this at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you to pick-up. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- Please click here for more information about Pre-Arrival Orientation.
- Please successfully complete the required Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival.
- Post-Arrival: Complete the Fall 2021 Reporting Eform
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the Fall 2021 Reporting EForm, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information