Undergraduate Transfer Student Orientation Information
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the below tasks before you arrive at UAlbany. Click the links for more information.
New students starting in Fall 2021: Please return to this checklist in May 2021 for the most up-to-date information.
Please note: students must pay their Enrollment deposit in order to access MyUAlbany and complete the steps below.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Accounts
Information on how to do so is available here. Check your albany.edu email address at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here.
- Orientation Registration
- Register for Orientation. Orientation registration will open in May 2021.
- All of Orientation is mandatory. Transfer students must attend both International Student Orientation and Transfer Orientation.
- Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021.
- This Orientation will be conducted in either an in-person and/or remote/distance format depending on COVID-19 health and safety concerns; students will be notified once a final determination is made.
- ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service on August 15, 2021. from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. More information on sign-up will be provided this summer.
- You will begin the course registration process when you register for Orientation. An advisor from your major department or the Academic Support Center will email you to discuss courses and answer any questions you may have. Your course schedule will be finalized during the academic advisement portion of your Transfer Orientation. For more information please view the New Student Transfer Academic Advising page.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation registration, you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
- There is a New Student Fee that will be charged to your account. The New Student Fee is $115 for transfer students.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Arrange for Housing & Review Quarantining & Health Requirements
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services by Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR Requirement, requirement for TB Testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here.
- Upload your photo to ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Do this at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you to pick-up. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- Please click here for more information about Pre-Arrival Orientation.
- Please successfully complete the required Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival.
- Post-Arrival: Complete the New Student Arrival Eform
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the New Student Arrival Eform, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information