Graduate Student Orientation Information
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the tasks below before you arrive at UAlbany. Click the links for more information.
Please note: students must pay their Enrollment deposit in order to access MyUAlbany and complete the steps below.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Accounts
Information on how to do so is available here. Check your albany.edu email address at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your UAlbany email.
Logging in the the University system requires 2-step verification. New students will use the DUO app for 2-step verification, for more information please click here.
Review the Get Ready with ITS- New Student Guide to Technology at UAlbany for information on logging in, setting up your email and MyUAlbany accounts, Zoom, Blackboard, and more.
- Orientation Registration
- Click here to register for Orientation.
- You must use your applicant email (not UAlbany email) when logging in to register.
- Fall 2021 International Orientation will take place August 15-August 21, 2021. This Orientation will include both virtual programming on Zoom and limited, optional in-person activities.
- ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service reimbursement on August 15, 2021 from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. Students must save their receipt from their taxi and/or rideshare (Uber/Lyft) in order to be reimbursed. For more information and/or to sign-up, click here.
- Please contact your academic advisor in your department for information about course registration.
- In addition to International Orientation, your academic department may also have a required Orientation and/or meetings as part of the Orientation week programming.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at [email protected]. To sign in for Orientation registration, you will use the email and password you created when you applied to the university.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Review Housing Resources and Quarantining & COVID Documentation Recommendations & Requirements
- ISSS cannot coordinate housing for students; students must secure their own housing. Please be sure to have accommodation before arriving to Albany. If you do not have permanent accommodation please be sure to make a hotel reservation as temporary accommodation before arriving.
- Limited on-campus housing is available for graduate students. On-campus housing sign-up is done through the Office of Residential Life. For more information please click here.
- Students living off-campus should review our page on Off Campus Housing
- Please review the University's COVID-19 vaccination policies-- including quarantine, testing, and other safety measures-- prior to arrival. More information may be found here. The U.S. CDC is also requiring all air passengers to the U.S. to carry proof of a negative COVID test or recovery when entering the U.S.
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services by Orientation. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email [email protected]
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR Requirement, requirement for TB Testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here.
- Upload your photo to ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Do this at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you to pick-up. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- More information on pre-Arrival orientation is available here.
- Please successfully complete the required Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival
- Post-Arrival: Complete the Fall 2021 Reporting Eform
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the Fall 2020 Reporting Eform, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20/DS-2019, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information.