Graduate Student Orientation Information
Pre-Arrival Checklist: Please complete the tasks below before you arrive at UAlbany. Click the links for more information.
- Set Up Your MyUAlbany and University Email Accounts
- More information on setting up your email accounts is available here. Check your Albany.edu email at least twice a week before and after arrival. All official communication from the University will be sent to your Albany email.
- We recommend that you set up your 2-Step login using the Authenticator app. If you use a phone number, you may be unable to access it once you arrive to the U.S. (because your phone number may not work internationally). The instructions for setting up your 2-step login using the Authenticator app are available by clicking here.
- Orientation Registration
- Register for Orientation by logging in to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password. Click on the "Campus Life" tab on the top, then click on "Register for Orientation" on the left of the page. Registration will open shortly after May 1, 2020.0. All of Orientation is mandatory.
- Fall 2020 International Orientation will take place August 16-21, 2020. This Orientation will be conducted in an online/remote format using Zoom videoconferencing. There may be an in-person, small-group session for students in the U.S. which other students may join remotely.
- ISSS will provide limited complimentary transportation service on Sunday, August 16th from the Albany Airport, the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station, the Albany Bus Terminal, and select hotels only. For more information, email ISSS@albany.edu.
- Please contact your academic advisor in your department for information about course registration.
- In addition to International Orientation, your academic department may also have a required Orientation and/or meetings as part of the Orientation week programming.
- If you encounter problems registering for Orientation, please contact Orientation and Transition Programs at email@example.com. You must use your NetID (ex: AB123456) and password to register. For help setting up your NetID, please review instructions from ITS (Information Technology Services) here.
- Please review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
- Review Housing Resources and Information
- ISSS cannot coordinate housing for students; students must secure their own housing. Please be sure to have accommodation before arriving to Albany. If you do not have permanent accommodation please be sure to make a hotel reservation as temporary accommodation before arriving.
- Limited on-campus housing is available for graduate students. On-campus housing sign-up is done through the Office of Residential Life. For more information please click here.
- Students living off-campus should review our pages on Off Campus Housing and Off Campus Housing Resources.
- Submit your Mandatory "Required Health Form" to Student Health Services
- The Mandatory "Required Health Form" and MMR documentation must be turned in to Student Health Services by August 1, 2020. Failure to meet this requirement will jeopardize your course registration. For help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to the form, students must also show documentation that they have met the MMR Requirement, requirement for TB Testing, and certify that they meet the meningitis requirement in MyUAlbany. More information on these requirements can be found here.
- Students who will not be taking any on-campus classes and will not be living on campus do not need to submit any documentation to Student Health.
- Upload your photo to ID Card through MyUAlbany
- Do this at least two weeks before arrival so that your ID card is ready for you to pick-up. If you are unable to pick-up a physical ID card that’s okay, you can keep a virtual ID card on your phone using the Mobile ID App. Click here to learn more and download the app: https://www.albany.edu/uas/mobile_id.php. Your ID Card gives you access to on-campus housing, dining plans, and other campus resources based on eligibility.
- Log in to ISSS's Required Pre-Arrival Orientation on Blackboard
- More information on pre-Arrival orientation is available here.
- Please successfully complete the required Pre-Arrival Orientation quiz before arrival
- Post-Arrival: Complete the New Student Arrival Eform
- Once you have arrived to the United States, you should complete the New Student Arrival Eform, including uploading copies of your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94. The form and instructions are available here.
To Review: Please review these Frequently Asked Questions. Click the link(s) to find more information.