At UAlbany, every student has an academic success team. If you are an international, undergraduate student, I am a member of your team and I am here to help you achieve your goals. Part of my role as the Director for International Academic Partnerships and International Academic Advising is to provide academic advising support to new and continuing international undergraduate students. In addition to advising students in international dual degree programs, I provide:
- General academic advising support when you are not sure where to go for academic assistance;
- Help with acclimating to a new learning environment that has different norms and expectations;
- Group meetings on selected topics of interest;
- Help with navigating MyUAlbany, Blackboard, the UAlbany Advantage Support Center, and other academic support tools;
- Help with understanding your degree audit;
- Assistance with understanding UAlbany academic policies and procedures, especially as they relate to grading, deadlines, withdrawing from a class, and selecting student-initiated, interdisciplinary majors or minors;
- Help with exploring alternate major and minor options;
- Assistance with time management, study skills, and establishing routines that will help you to succeed;
- Help with finding non-academic resources on and off-campus;
- And more…
I meet with students, by appointment, between the hours of 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (EST/EDT). If you have difficulty utilizing the scheduling system, please e-mail me at [email protected].
After you are directed to the scheduling page,
- Select Dual Degree Advising.
- Select a date and time that works for you.
How to find your departmental or Academic Support Center (ASC) advisor?
You may find your departmental or ASC academic advisor in your MyUAlbany account. After you log into the MyUAlbany portal, click on the “Academics” tab. In the Academic Summary section, click on “Advisor-Information.” If no one is listed, please e-mail [email protected].