Apply to IELP 8-Week and 4-Week Intensive Program
Study English at UAlbany! Pre-placement into an IELP level is available with Duolingo, TOEFL, or IELTS test scores. Conditional Admission is available for undergraduate programs and some graduate programs. Contact [email protected].
Spring B: March 21 - May 12, 2022
Summer: May 23 - July 15, 2022
Fall A: August 17 - October 13, 2022
Fall B: October 14 - December 13, 2022
Spring A: January 19 - March 10, 2023
Spring B: March 20 - May 11, 2023
Follow these 3 easy steps to apply:
Step 1. Fill out the online application form and pay the $130 application fee.
- Your name and date of birth must be the same as recorded in your passport.
- You will be asked to pay the fee at the end of the online application form.
- If you cannot pay the application fee online, please use our paper application form.
Step 2. Email a copy of the photo page in your passport to [email protected] View a sample of the photo page.
Step 3. Email a financial guarantee (letter or bank statement) from your bank to [email protected] You must show proof of a minimum of:
- USD $6975 available for your school and living expenses in the requested 8-week session (or the equivalent in your local currency).
- USD $1,500 for each dependent (spouse or child) (or the equivalent in your local currency).
Pre-Placement into an IELP Level
Students with a 61 iBT, 5.5 IELTS, or 85 DuoLingo can place into the Advanced 1 Level of the IELP. Students with a 44 iBT, 5.0 IELTS, or 75 DuoLingo can place into the Intermediate 2 Level of the IELP.
To apply for Undergraduate Conditional Admission, you must complete both the IELP Application and an Undergraduate Application. Conditional Admission for Graduate Programs is available for some programs. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Download instructions on How to Apply for Conditional Admission and IELP.