Graduate Opportunity Program
The Graduate Opportunity Program provides tuition assistance to Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), and Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge (SEEK) program graduates undertaking graduate study at a participating State University of New York institution. Because funding is limited, early application to the campus of choice is encouraged.
A. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a New York State resident.
- Have participated in EOP, HEOP, or SEEK as an undergraduate.
- Apply and be admitted to a graduate degree program or graduate certificate program requiring 30 credits or more at the University at Albany as a full-time student.
- Provide a completed Certification of Participation form, signed by the undergraduate institution’s EOP, HEOP, or SEEK director.
- Full-time students working more than 20 hours/week are not eligible to participate in this program.
B. Funding limits:
- Consistent with University guidelines:
- a) Master’s students may be considered for a GOP award for up to four (4) semesters.
- b) Doctoral students (Ph.D.) may be considered for a GOP award for up to eight (8) semesters.
- Funding is extremely limited so, unfortunately, awards are not guaranteed for all who apply.
- Funding is not provided for second master’s degree, non-degree study, or a graduate certificate program of less than 30 credit hours.
- GOP provides a partial tuition scholarship, awardees are responsible for any tuition cost in excess of the awarded amount and all fees associated with enrollment.
- To maintain a GOP award in subsequent semesters awardees must:
- a) Continue to register full-time (or be full-time certified),
- b) Obtain a 3.0 GPA each semester
- c) Complete courses in timely manner and
- d) Be fully registered in courses by the last day of the Advanced Registration period.
- Failure to meet requirements could result in termination of an award.
Apply: New applicants must upload the GOP Certification of Participation form to the Graduate Education application portal. Continuing GOP students must be fully registered for courses by the last day of the Advanced Registration period to have their award renewed in each subsequent semester.
Deadline: New applications are reviewed as they are received with a priority deadline of February 15.
Questions: Please email all questions to email@example.com.
Please note, you must have the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader properly installed on your computer in order to use and print the GOP Certification of Participation PDF Form.