Bridge to the Doctorate Program
The Graduate School at The University at Albany and lead institution, Stony Brook University, will apply for a Fall 2019 cohort of the National Science Foundation (NSF) funded, Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Bridge to the Doctorate (BD) program.
LSAMP BD is a graduate fellowship and support program for former LSAMP participants who plan to matriculate in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) graduate program.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Participated in a LSAMP Program
• Bachelors in a STEM discipline with a 3.0 GPA or higher
• Accepted into a STEM graduate program at the University at Albany
• Want to pursue a PhD in a STEM discipline
• Graduate fellowships of $32,000, full tuition scholarship and health insurance annually for first two years,
• Competitive funding package for years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to the PhD
• Faculty mentoring
• Participation in professional conferences and meetings
• Enriched academic services and support
Questions regarding UAlbany's LSAMP BD may be directed to email@example.com.