Department of Literacy Teaching & Learning Grievance Policy

In the first instance, the grievance should be discussed with the faculty member involved, and with the student's advisor. If this does not resolve the dispute, the grievance should be referred to the Department Chair, in writing (email is acceptable). If the dispute cannot be resolved by the Chair, it is referred to the Department faculty for a ruling, which will be communicated in writing to all affected parties.

The Department's ruling can be appealed to the School of Education Academic Standing Committee, and ultimately to the Graduate Academic Council.

Procedures for Resolving University Academic Grievances