Departmental Assistantship Consideration
- Fall: Not Available
- Spring: Not Available
- Summer: Not Available
No Departmental Assistantship Consideration
- Fall: Rolling
- Spring: Rolling
- Summer: Rolling
- Transcripts from all schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of goals
- Prior teaching certificate
- Masters degree
Must have a Masters degree in ed or related area, permanent or professional certificate in teaching or pupil personnel.
- Leadership essay
Please type one essay of no more than 800 words each from among the three possible topics below:
- i. Summarize the leadership activities in which you have been involved in recent years and explain how these experiences reflect your vision of and capacity for leadership.
- ii. Identify a problem or challenge in a school, school-related organization, or your professional life generally and write an analysis in which you assess the issues(s), describe effective strategies for addressing the issue(s), and make clear the implications for the exercise of effective leadership in the situation.
- iii. Describe a problem of educational policy decision-making, policy content, or policy implementation, and explain how a deeper understanding of policy or the policy process could improve the situation.
Available information for applicants.
Please note: This program requires an internship, field experience, study abroad component, or clinical experience requirement. Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. If applicants have concerns about this matter please contact the Dean’s Office of the intended academic program.