Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Electrical and Computer Engineering program are expected to:
- Succeed professionally, whether employed as an engineer, pursuing an advanced degree, or following another career path of their choosing;
- Continue to learn and grow, both personally and professionally; and
- Practice ethical behavior and social responsibility, striving to apply science in service to society.
The Student (Learning) Outcomes for the Electrical and Computer Engineering program are the ABET Criterion 3 (1) through (7):
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning.