Peer and online tutoring are available to help you engage with your course material and develop study skills for academic success.
Academic coaching connects you to the resources you'll need. We will work with you to help identify areas of stress and develop personalized strategies and plans for success.
How to Use Our Services
- Step 1: Log in to Blackboard
- Step 2: Select the Learning Commons course
- Step 3: Click the NetTutor link on the left
- Step 4: Select your subject area
- Step 1: Log in to EAB Platform
- Step 2: Click on the Make an Appointment button in the top right corner
- Step 3: Select Tutoring from the first drop-down menu
- Step 4: In the second drop down menu, under the A+ Tutoring and Academic Support heading, select A+ Tutoring Appointment
- Step 5: Click Find Available Time
- Step 6: Select your course, session date and time, and your tutor
The University at Albany requires that you maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00 and an average of 2.00 in the major and the minor to earn a bachelor’s degree.
The GPA is an important indicator of your ability to achieve a bachelor’s degree. The following policies are in effect for undergraduate students whose performance indicates that they are in danger of failing to meet the conditions necessary to earn a degree.
Please refer to academic standing policies for more information.
- Make a schedule for yourself: write down all appointments, due dates, exam dates, study blocks, tutoring, etc.
- Prioritize your coursework: which due dates are first? which assignments will take the longest?
- Work on one thing at a time: trying to juggle more than one task at a time can get hectic.
- Create a physical space to do your work: designating a space where you work will help your brain focus on academics.
- Talk to your Academic Advisor: they can help you if you're dealing with stress or are feeling overwhelmed.
- Keep in contact with people who are important to you such as, friends, classmates and mentors: taking a break from your work has been found to be beneficial in promoting positive wellbeing and reducing stress.
- Utilize student support services on campus: these services are available to help you succeed at the University at Albany.
- Pay attention to when assignments are due: have due dates changed? put them on a calendar in front of your workspace to remind yourself.
- Check Blackboard consistently: make this a daily habit, whether something is due or not.
- Check your email regularly: professors, advisors and the University will send you updates you don’t want to miss.
- Practice self-care: take care of yourself as it is critical for your well-being and success throughout your academic journey.
Biological Sciences, IBASS and Bio-DOME
Mathematics and Statistics
Fall 2021 Tutoring (Earth Science Building Rms. 135 & 138)
- Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 4 pm
- Friday, 9 am - 2 pm
Fall 2021 Tutoring (Physics Building Rm. 224):
- Monday, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Thursday, 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Friday, 10:30 - 11:30 am
Robert Schmitz, Professor, Physics
Email: [email protected]
Fall 2021 Tutoring (Hudson Building Rm. 242)
For ECO 110, 111, 300 and 301
Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 12 pm AND 3 pm - 5:30 pm
Kelsey Russell, Academic Advisor
Email: [email protected]
Request Academic Coaching