Department of Mathematics and Statistics
State University of New York at Albany
Office Tel: +1 518-442-4613
Email: mathying [at] gmail.com
Research interests: My research interests are mainly in the areas of Learning Theory and Machine Learning. I am also very keen to apply Machine Learning methods to solve real-data analysis problems in computer vision, bioinformatics and social computing. The goal of my research is to address the computational and statistical challenges arising in modern data analysis, helping the discovery of hidden information in big and complex data.
Potential graduate students: I am looking for highly motivated students interested in Learning Theory and Machine Learning. Students from China can also apply for scholarships from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to study PhD at SUNY, Albany. Please contact me if you have any inquiries.
· 12/2016: Joined the Editorial Board of Neurocomputing
· 8/2016: Paper “Stochastic Online AUC Maximization” has been accepted by NIPS (2016) as oral presentation.
· 7/2016: Attended the Oberwolfach workshop on Learning Theory and Approximation.
· 6/2016: Joined the Editorial Board of Mathematics of Computation and Data Science.
· 5/2016: Received Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from Simons Foundation.