Welcome to the Cyber World of Tom Hoey
Feel free to send me EMAIL.
If you would like to see my resume click here.
Well who would have known that the years fly by and one must update these pages every so often, so here it is 1999 and I am finally
Class photo of my 1997 Intro to Telecommunications class at Schenectady County Community College click here .
Click Here To see what I look like if you have
Tom Hoey started working as Senior Programmer/Analyst with the University at
Albany's Telecommunications Department in June of 1989.
Here is a brief list of non-work related things Tom Hoey does at the University at Albany:
- Graduate student
working on his M.A. with The College of Arts and Science's
Department. Tom created the Communication Department's
homepage in 1997.
- Elected Treasurer for the years 1996-1997 to the University's Graduate Student Organization (GSO).
Tom designed and updated the Original GSO's homepage.
- Elected Union Delegate for the United University Professions (UUP)
which represents NY State's college professors and professionals.
Work related projects:
- Designed and maintains the dial-in modems
communications system as well as the statistical homepages. This new system
generates reports on activity that help determine the need for increase
- Helped designed and setup the XYPLEX
hubs used for RESNET with routing capability, which is supporting 6000
- Helped design and setup the new podium backbone, fiber to every building and a fully routed network.
- During the summers of 1996-99 the New York Giants came
to The University at Albany to setup their training camp. Tom was given the
project of setting up their data communications network to their Vax in Giant
Stadium in New Jersey. With only 2 weeks to set up and test this
critical network, Tom was able to get help from XYPLEX and ComCity in
New Jersey to rush deliver the needed equipment. Here is a photo album of the project.
History of Tom Hoey's family
Tom is first generation to this country both his mother and father came to
the United States from Ireland after meeting in London during World War Two.
To see some pictures of the family photo album click here
Community Work and Hobbies:
Tom has many interests outside of work, he is an avid motorcyclist. Part of his household is Scooter a soft-coat West Highland Terrier.
Scooter was asked to take part in Albany's Scottish Games being a Scottish
breed of a dog, here he meets WTEN Weathercaster
Steve Capporizzo who was the announcer at the event.
- Cars have been an important part of Tom's life since early childhood, one
of his first words was "car". Here are his current models, of cars.
- Tom was appointed to the City of Albany School Board Facilities Committee
in June of 1995, where he helps makes decisions on improving the school
- Tom served as the Chairman of the City of Albany Independence Party from 1996-1999.
- Tom met New York City Mayor (Feb. 1996) Rudolf
Guiliani and provided him with suggestions on improving communication.
- Tom also met with
Steve Forbes during his campaign in 1996. Tom turned down a chance to be his
running mate, but in 2000 who knows?
Here is a picture of Mr. Forbes and Tom during the campaign.
- May 20, 1997 Tom met with New York State Lt. Governor Betsy McCaughey Ross and the Reform Party
1996 Vice Presidental Candiate Dr. Pat Choate at a Independence Party event. While there Tom also met Jack McNulty political leader in Albany and father of Congressman Mike McNulty.
- On December 4th 1997, Tom was on the UUP Committee "Safe Guard S.U.N.Y. Day"
for the University at Albany. Tom invited Mayor Jennings and by working behind the scenes made
sure the event was a success. Here Albany Mayor Gerald Jennings, thanks Tom for