Statistical methods publications
1. Yucel RM, Schafer JL. 2002, Computational strategies for multivariate linear-mixed models with missing values. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Volume 11, Number 2, 437-457.
2. Calvin, C., Yucel, RM, Zanutto, E., Zaslavsky, A.M. 2005, Using matched substitutes to improve imputations for geographically linked databases. Survey Methodology, Volume 31, Number 1, 69-72.
3. Yucel RM, Zaslavsky AM. 2005, Imputation of binary responses with measurement error for treatments in health services data. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Volume 100, No. 472, 1123-1132.
4. Li, X; Foulkes, AS; Yucel, RM; and Rich, SM 2007, An Expectation Maximization Approach to Estimate Malaria Haplotype Frequencies in Multiply Infected Children, Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology: Vol. 6 : Iss. 1, Article 33.
5. Demirtas, H, Freels, SA, Yucel, R.M. 2008, The plausibility of multivariate normality assumption when multiply imputing non-Gaussian continuous outcomes: A simulation assessment. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Volume 78, Issue 1, 69-84.
6. Yucel, RM, Yulei, He and Zaslavsky, AM 2008, Using calibration to improve rounding in multiple imputation. The American Statistician, Volume 62, Number 2, 125-129.
7. Foulkes, AS, Yucel, RM, and Li, X 2008, Mixed modelling with ambiguous clusters: A likelihood-based approach. Biostatistics, Volume 9, No 4, 635–657.
8. Foulkes, AS, Yucel, RM, Reilly, MP 2008, Mixed modeling and multiple imputation for unobservable genotype clusters. Statistics in Medicine, Volume 27, No 15, 2784–2801.
9. Yulei, H., Yucel, RM and Zaslavsky A.M. 2008, Misreporting, Missing Data, and Multiple Imputation: Improving Accuracy of Cancer Registry Databases. Invited editorial for the health policy section in Chance, Volume 21, Number 3, 55–58.
10. Yucel, R.M. 2008, Multiple imputation inference from multivariate multilevel continuous data with ignorable nonresponse. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, Series A, Volume 366, No 1874, 2389–2403.
11. Yucel, R.M., Yulei, He and Zaslavsky, A.M. (2008) Rejoinder to “Using calibration to improve rounding in multiple imputation”. The American Statistician. Volume 62, No 4, 364–366.
12. Yucel, R.M. and Demirtas, H. (2010) Impact of non-normal random effects on inference by multiple imputation: A simulation assessment. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Volume 54, Issue 3, 790–801.
13. Yucel, R.M. (2011) Inference by multiple imputation under random coefficients and random covariances model. Statistical Modelling, Vol. 11 No. 4, 351–370.
14. Yucel, R.M. (2011) State of the multiple imputation software. Journal of Statistical Software, Vol. 45, Issue 1.
15. Yucel, R.M., Yulei, H. and Zaslavsky, A.M. (2011) Gaussian-based routines to impute categorical variables in health surveys. Statistics in Medicine, Volume 30, Issue 29, 3447–3460.
16. Yucel, R.M. (Forthcoming) Logistic mixed-effects models with ambiguous cluster membership. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis.
Health policy, health services research and social science publications
17. Campbell E.G., Weissman J.S., Clarridge B., Yucel R.M., Causino N., Blumenthal D. 2003; Characteristics of faculty serving on IRBs: Results of a national survey of medical school faculty. Academic Medicine, Volume 78, 831-836.
18. Weissman, J.S., Moy, E., Campbell, E.G., Gokhale, M., Yucel, R.M., Blumenthal, D. 2003; Limits to safety net: Teaching hospital faculty report on their patients’ access to care. Health Affairs, Volume 22, Number 6, 155-166.
19. Kuhlthau, K.A., Hill, K.S., Yucel, R.M., Perrin, J.M. 2005, Financial burden for families of children with special health care needs. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Volume 9, Number 2, 207-218.
20. Vogeli, C., Yucel, R.M., Bendavid, E., Jones, L.M., Anderson, M.S., Louis, K.S., Campbell, E.G. 2006, Data withholding and the next generation scientists: results of a national survey. Academic Medicine, Volume 81, Issue 2, 128-136.
21. Zheng, H., Yucel, R.M., Ayanian, J.Z., Zaslavsky, A.M. 2006, Profiling Providers on Use of Adjuvant Chemotherapy by Combining Cancer Registry and Medical Record Data. Medical Care, Volume 44, Issue1, 1-8.
22. Blumenthal, D., Campbell, E.G., Gokhale, M., Yucel, R.M., Clarridge, B., Hilgartner, S., Holtzman, N.A. 2006, Data withholding in genetics and the other life sciences: prevalence and predictors. Academic Medicine, Volume 81, Issue 2, 137--145.
23. Hill, K., Freeman, L., Yucel, R.M., Kuhlthau, K. 2007, Unmet need among children with special care needs in Massachusetts: A family driven process. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Volume 12, Issue 5, 650–661.
24. Gnanasekaran, S.K., Boudreau, A.A., Soobader, M., Yucel, R.M., Hill, K. and Kuhlthau, K. 2007, State policy environment and delayed or forgone care among children with special health care needs. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Volume 12, Number 6, 739–746.
25. Tang, M., Hill, K.S., Yucel, R.M., Perrin, J.M., Kuhlthau, K.A. 2008, Medicaid Managed Care and the Unmet Need for Mental Health Care among Children with Special Health Care Needs. Health Services Research, Volume 43, Issue 3, 882–900.
26. Kim, M., Betancourt, J., Ayanian, J., Zaslavsky, A.M., Yucel, R.M.,Weissman, J.S. 2008, Disparities in access to care and use of preventive clinical services by hispanics: An analysis of state-based variations. Medical Care, Volume 46, Issue 5, 507–515.
27. Kuhlthau, K., Hill, K., Fluet, C., Meara, E., Yucel, R.M. 2008, Correlates of Therapy Use and Expenditures in Children in the United States. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, Volume 11, Issue 2, 115–123.
28. Shields, A.E., Levy, D.E., Blumenthal, D., Currivan, D., McGinn-Shapiro, M., Weiss, K.B., Yucel, R.M., and Lerman, C. (2008) Anticipating complexity: Primary care physicians’ willingness to offer a new genetic test to tailor smoking treatment according to test characteristics. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, Volume 10, Issue 6, 1037–1045.
29. Co, J.P.T., Yucel, R.M., MacDonald, E., Ferris, T.G. (2009) Priorities for Im- provement in Pediatric Ambulatory Care. Ambulatory Pediatrics, Volume 9, Issue 1, 47–52.
30. Gordon, E.J., Prohaska, T.R., Gallant, M.P., Sehgal, A.W., Strogatz, D., Yucel, R.M., Conti, D. and Siminoff, A.S. (2009) Longitudinal analysis of physical activ- ity, fluid intake, and graft function among kidney transplant recipients. Transplant Journal, Volume 22, Issue 10, 990–998.
31. Guzman MP, Jellinek M, George M, Hartley M, Squicciarini AM, Canenguez K, Kuhlthau K, Yucel RM, White G, Guzman J, Murphy JM. (Forthcoming) Mental health matters in elementary school; First grade screening predicts fourth grade achievement test scores. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
32. Haley, V. B., Van Antwerpen, C., Tsivitis, M., Doughty, D., Gase, K., Hazamy, P., Tserenpuntsag, B., Racz, M., Yucel, RM, McNutt, L.-A., Stricof, R. (Forth- coming) Surveillance of coronary artery bypass graft surgical site infections in New York state, 2008.
33. Severcan, F., Akkas, S.B., Turker, S., Yucel, RM (Forthcoming) Methodologi- cal Approches From Experimental to Computational Analysis in Vibrational Spec- troscopy and Microspectroscopy.