Milne Alumni October Newsletter
As I mentioned in an earlier email, I will be temporarily sending out the Milne Alumni Newsletter until Mary Welch is able to again pursue her special interest in publishing the newsletter and to work on other aspects of the Milne Alumni Project.
Alumni and Supporters,
1. I am planning to post all "past, present, and future" newsletters on our website. I would like to know whether you would be satisfied with an email containing just a link to each newsletter or would prefer receiving the entire newsletter via email. Please let me know! Either way, the newsletters will eventually be viewable on the Web.
2. Herbert Marx, Class of '38, has a wonderful suggestion for those classes who find it difficult to hold reunions. He recommends making a booklet that will include classmates' descriptions of their past and current lives, in addition to their Milne memories. This would be a wonderful way to keep in touch when, for various reasons, alumni are unable to get together.
3. If among your classmates there are "missing" alumni and you would like their names listed on the website, please let me know.
4. I would be happy to add a link on the alumni website to any class and/or reunion photos you may have. If you have any questions about this, I'd be happy to help.
4. If you would like your name made into an email link on the website, just send me an email and I will be happy to add that link. That provides an easy way for other alumni to contact you.
5. You received an obituary for David W. Martin from me in September. Since then I found the following article on the Web which might be of interest to you regarding Dr. Martin's accomplishments:
6. Mary Welch and I have been talking about possible volunteer alumni projects. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. We will discuss this in future newsletters.
7. I have been attempting to learn more about the status of the murals in the former Milne library. The most recent response I have received is as follows: "I know that the restorers have been working this summer. I was at a meeting where it was mentioned that there are four left to do, and the people at the meeting expected they will all be completed next summer. The restorers can only work on the murals when the room is not used, so they schedule their work in the summer."
8. If you are a Class Contact, when you receive changes to your classmates' contact information, please be sure to send me the new email address, "snail mail" address, and/or telephone number so that the main database will be as accurate as possible.
I am still trying to gain a clearer picture regarding the financing of the mural restoration; what, if any, funds raised by Milne alumni may (or may not!) still be available; and whether the University has raised the total amount of money necessary to complete the project. I will provide updates as I receive them.
Thanks to all of
you for your interest in Milne Alumni activities.