Department of Mathematics and Statistics
State University of New York at Albany
Albany, NY 12222, USA
- Operators on holomorphic function spaces: Toeplitz operators, Hankel operators,
and composition operators on various spaces of holomorphic functions in various
complex domains, including Bergman and Hardy spaces of the unit ball and the
- Complex analysis: characterizations and duality problems for various spaces of
holomorphic functions, including Bergman spaces, Besov spaces, the Bloch space,
Lipschitz spaces, and BMOA; function theory of Bergman spaces in the unit disk
and Fock spaces on the complex plane.
- Operator theory and operator algebras: operators in Cowen-Douglas classes,
operator theory related to the Bergman shift, invariant and reducing subspaces,
and C*-algebras of operators.
- Undergraduate courses taught: calculus, linear algebra, ordinary differential
equations, partial differential equations, general topology, algebraic topology,
differential geometry, probability, and statistics.
- Graduate courses taught: real analysis, complex analysis, functional analysis,
operator theory, operator algebras.
- Compueter classes taught: C++ programming, Java programming, Oracle database
Awards, Prizes, and Honors
- Excellence in Research Award, SUNY-Albany, 2007.
- Multiple inclusions in "Who is who in America" and "Who is who in the World".
- Numerous Research Awards from the US National Science Foundation since 1987.
- Several Research Awards (Joint with Professor Hasi Wulan of Shantou University) from
the Chinese Natural Science Foundation, 2007-2017.
- An International Collaboration Award (Joint with Professor Zengjian Lou of Shantou University)
from Guangdong Province, China, 2014-2017.
- Numerous Travel Grants from UUP and the College of Arts and Science,
- Presidential Graduate Fellowship, SUNY-Buffalo, 1984-1986.
- First Prize in the Provincial College Mathematics Competition, Hunan Province,