Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy
Rockefeller College Honors Seven at Annual Alumni Dinner & Awards Ceremony
Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy at the University at Albany will honor seven distinguished individuals for their exemplary service to the public and to the College at its Annual Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony, Friday evening, May 17 at the New York State Museum in Albany, New York. The Alumni Awards are presented for achievement in the areas of political science, public administration, leadership, and continuing professional development.
This year's honorees include the secretary of the United States Army; the U.S. State Department's coordinator for threat reduction programs; an attorney with a focus in family law and social policy who now represents the "River District," New York's 116th Assembly District; a state-aid and financial planning expert who helps public schools navigate the complex and multi-faceted world of school finance; a campaign finance expert who works for global business and financial information giant Bloomberg, L.P.; a long-time leader in public policy, organized labor, and economic and workforce development; and an internationally recognized scholar in public administration and policy.
"Our awardees are shining examples of professionals who are meeting the challenges of 21st century life head-on. Because of their intelligence, hard work, and commitment to service, they are leaving a lasting impression on our communities, nation and world. They are wonderful role models for our students as they prepare to step up and become the leaders of tomorrow. Rockefeller College is extremely proud to bestow this high honor upon these seven individuals," said Rockefeller College Dean David L. Rousseau.
The 2013 Alumni Award recipients are:
- Rockefeller College Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Honorable John M. McHugh, MPA '77
Secretary of the Army
- Distinguished Alumna in Political Science Award
- The Honorable Addie J. Russell, BA '00
Member, New York State Assembly, Assembly District 116
- Distinguished Alumna in Public Administration and Policy Award
- The Honorable Bonnie D. Jenkins, MPA '88
Coordinator for Threat Reduction Programs, U.S. Department of State
- Young Alumnus in Political Science Award
- Dr. Peter W. Brusoe, BA '03, MA '04
Campaign Finance and Lobbying Data Analyst, Bloomberg, L.P.
- Young Alumnus in Public Administration and Policy Award
- Mr. Brian C. Fessler, BA '06, MPA '07
Assistant Specialist, State Aid and Financial Planning, Questar III BOCES
- Distinguished Continuing Professional Education Leadership Award of Excellence
- Mr. Edward Murphy, MPA '81
President and Executive Director, Workforce Development Institute
- Rockefeller College Distinguished Service Award
- Dr. George P. Richardson
O'Leary Professor, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy, University at Albany
Learn more about the important contributions made by this year's honorees by visiting Rockefeller College's 2013 Alumni Awards website.