- ‘Liberty Terrace,’ a 500-Bed Environmentally Sustainable Student Housing Complex, Opens
The University at Albany officially opens Liberty Terrace, a new 500-bed, environmentally sustainable student housing complex. Designed with a state-of-the-art geothermal heat pump system, Liberty Terrace is expected to use 50 percent less energy and 45 percent less water than a comparable building meeting current building codes and standards.
- Expanded Living-Learning Opportunities Welcome Class of 2016
The University at Albany welcomes the Class of 2016 with expanded living-learning opportunities, new faculty, and extensive renovation and construction projects.
- SUNY Board Appoints Dr. Robert J. Jones as University at Albany President
The State University of New York Board of Trustees appoints Dr. Robert J. Jones as the 19th president of the University at Albany, following a national search that attracted candidates from leading research universities across the country.
- University at Albany Presents its NYSUNY 2020 Plan to Governor, Legislative Leaders
UAlbany President George M. Philip, together with international business and regional economic development leaders, advances a comprehensive proposal with Gov. Andrew Cuomo and leaders of the State Legislature to build a state-of-the-art research and development facility for emerging technologies and entrepreneurial leadership.
- University at Albany Launches Construction of Advanced Biomedical Technology Research Facility
The RNA Institute at the University at Albany, with the Capital Region Economic Development Council, launches the construction of its new state-of-the-art facility for biomedical technology development and commercialization.
- New Education Trust Report Highlights Increased Graduation Rates for Underrepresented Students at UAlbany
A national report released by The Education Trust recognizes the University at Albany for increased graduation rates among African-American students.
- Winter Commencement Celebrates More than 1,000 Graduates
More than 1,000 students earn their degrees from the University at Albany on Sunday, December 16, during Winter Commencement at UAlbany’s SEFCU Arena.
- Campus Energy Efficiency Projects Support Governor Cuomo's Build Smart NY Initiative
New energy efficiency projects at the University at Albany, undertaken in collaboration with the New York Power Authority and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, will save the University approximately $704,000.
- UAlbany’s Community Service Efforts Improve Region’s Quality of Life While Earning Place on U.S. Community Service Honor Roll
The University at Albany’s community service efforts to improve the quality of life in the Capital Region earn the institution a place on the 2013 U.S. President’s Higher Education Honor Roll.
- President Jones Moves UAlbany Community Engagement Forward
University at Albany President Robert Jones recently completes a series of campus conversations to advance the University's progress as a community-engaged research university.
- UAlbany Celebrates 2013 Spring Commencement
More than 3,100 students participated in the University at Albany’s 169th Commencement ceremonies, Friday, May 17, through Sunday, May 19.
- UAlbany Advances Plans for Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurship Complex
In collaboration with the State University Construction Fund, the University at Albany is advancing plans to establish an Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurship Complex (E-TEC).
- The RNA Institute Expands, Attracting 60 New Cutting-Edge Biomedical Jobs
The 15,000 square foot laboratory build-out will serve as a pioneering R&D hub, making New York a national leader in RNA science, technology development, drug discovery, and diagnostics.