Learning Objectives of Women's Studies Courses
Our undergraduate courses are designed to meet Department learning objectives. Many courses also fulfill specific University-wide General Education requirements.
Learning objectives for the Women's Studies Undergraduate Curriculum:
- Understand Women's Studies as an academic field of study and research;
- Understand and use intersectional feminist analysis to explore the bases of social inequalities;
- Understand what it means to place women at the center of knowledge-making and of discourse across disciplinary boundaries;
- Understand how feminist pedagogy may be different from other forms of teaching and learning;
- Understand the dynamic relationship between Women's Studies scholarship and feminist social action.
Our graduate courses ensure that M.A. students receive an interdisciplinary education that integrates the arts and humanities with the social sciences, bridges theory and practice, and focuses on the intersections of gender, race, class, sexuality, and nationality in all areas of research.