Transfer Advisement & Orientation
Orientation programs assist new students as they make the transition to life at the University at Albany. Our friendly and informed staff will provide the guidance and support you need to become fully integrated into the campus community.
All Transfer students are required to attend a Transfer Advisement session and Transfer Orientation:
- Transfer Advisement is a one-day session in June or August during which you will receive information about transfer resources at UAlbany, complete requirements, and meet with your academic advisor to finalize your class schedule.
- Transfer Orientation is a full day conference that takes place on Friday, August 26th for all transfer students. At Orientation, you will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of different interactive sessions to help you acclimate to the community and become a successful Great Dane!
To register and prepare for Transfer Advisement and Orientation, please follow the steps below.
Register for Transfer Advisement & Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" tab on the top.
- Click on the "Register for Orientation" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Login to the Orientation Registration using your NetID and password (Note: You will be able to login to the registration website 1-2 days following the payment of your admission deposit).
- Complete the registration by selecting the Transfer Advisement day that works best for you. If you encounter any problems registering, please contact New Student Programs at email@example.com.
- Pay your Orientation fee. You will be prompted to pay the Transfer Student Orientation fee of $100 during your registration. This is a mandatory fee that all new students pay.
- Complete the Orientation registration by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
If you have paid your admission deposit but have not yet received your PIN to set up your NetID and password on MyUAlbany, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (518) 442-3700.
- Availability of dates for Transfer Advisement may vary per student based on admission status, intended major, and event capacity.
- Both Transfer Advisement and Orientation are mandatory for all new transfer students.
- If a family member would like to attend the Family Orientation program, the student should register that individual under “Family Orientation” in the Orientation registration.
- Be sure to add an email address for the family member that will be attending the program.
- The Transfer Family Orientation fee is $25 per family. You will be prompted to pay this fee while registering for Orientation, along with the Student Orientation fee.
- The family member should check their email for the automatic confirmation email specific to the Family Orientation program.
- The Family Orientation program is optional.
- The Family Orientation program is concurrent but separate from the student program.
- Topics covered include: academic environment and academic support programs, career services, counseling and health services, financial services, and campus resources.
- Transfer Family Orientation is only offered concurrently with the Transfer Advisement sessions. There is not a Family Orientation program during Transfer Orientation on Friday, August 26th.
Prepare for Transfer Advisement & Orientation
- Print out your confirmation email, map, and parking pass to bring with you to Orientation.
- Complete all of the items listed on the Transfer Student Checklist on the Welcome Website. Students must review and complete the information listed under “Choose Your Classes” and “Submit SUNYCard ID Photo” before attending Orientation.
- Go to the Orientation Website for more information about Orientation.
- Mark your calendars for your selected Transfer Advisement session and for Transfer Orientation on Friday, August 26th!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you at Orientation!