Transfer Student Orientation
We are pleased to welcome you to the University at Albany for the Fall 2013 semester. Current students, faculty, and staff are excited to meet you and assist with your transition to the UAlbany community. The Orientation program will give you the opportunity to:
- Meet within your academic department to learn about your major and what it has to offer, including research opportunities and internships. Some departments also provide academic advisement and registration for your first semester classes during the Orientation, while other departments offer advisement and registration via an online process. For more specific information, please visit the “New Transfer Student Advisement Information” website.
- Receive your SUNYCard Student ID and register your vehicle.
- Tour the campus.
- Speak with representatives from offices including Financial Services, Parking and Mass Transit, Student Involvement and Leadership, Disability Resource Center, Career Services and more during the Resource Fair.
- Connect with other UAlbany students.
A $95 transfer student Orientation fee covers the costs of staff, refreshments, materials and services received during Orientation, and special programs throughout the year. Transfer Orientation takes place between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Register for Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" link.
- Find the "Orientation Registration" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Select the Orientation date that works for you. If you encounter a problem registering, please contact New Student Programs at (518) 442-5509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Orientation Reservation by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
Pay Orientation Fee
Pay your Orientation fee online using a credit card, checking or savings account at epay.albany.edu.
1. Log onto epay.albany.edu using your UAlbany NetID and password.
2. Select “eDeposits” tab at top of page, do not use the "Payments" tab to pay deposits.
3. Select Fall 2013 term.
4. Under “Make a Deposit Payment,” select “Orientation - Transfer Student ($95).”
5. Follow the steps to make your deposit using a credit card, checking or savings account.
To Do Prior to Your Orientation Day
Review the New Transfer Student Advisement Information and act on the “action steps” for your major prior to attending Orientation.
Family Orientation Program
Parents/guardians or other family members are invited to attend a Family Orientation Program that is separate from the student program. Typical topics covered are: academic environment and academic support programs, on-campus living, counseling and health services, financial aid and billing, and information from Family Programs. Parents can also register for UAlbany Family Connections to receive on-going University updates. Please visit our website to view a Family Orientation schedule and other information of interest to parents.
Note: The Family Orientation is optional and separate from the student program, there is a $25 fee for attending.
When and Where to Report
More detailed information about when and where to report for your Orientation will be sent to your UAlbany Mail email account upon our receipt of your Orientation Reservation (see "Register for Orientation" above).
Note for International Transfer Students
International Transfer students should plan to attend the International Student Orientation program. For more information please click the following link: International Student Orientation.
PH: (518) 442-5509 FX: (518) 442-5835