Transfer Orientation Program
Orientation programs assist new students as they make the transition to life at the University at Albany. Our friendly and informed staff will provide the guidance and support you need to become fully integrated into the campus community.
To register and prepare for orientation, please follow the 5 steps below.
5 Easy Steps to Prepare for Orientation:
1. Register for Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" tab on the top.
- Click on the "Register for Orientation" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Login to the Orientation Registration using your NetID and password (Note: You will be able to login to the registration website 1-2 days following the payment of your Admission deposit).
- Complete the registration. If you encounter any problems registering, please contact New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Orientation registration by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
If you have paid your admission deposit but have not yet received your PIN to set up your NetID and password on MyUAlbany, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (518) 442-3700.
The following are the dates available for Spring Transfer Orientation:
- Friday, January 16, 2015
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- Resident Students will not be able to move into their residence hall until Sunday, January 18th.
- Availability of dates may vary per student based on admission status, intended major, and event capacity.
- If a family member or guest would like to attend the Family Orientation program, the student should register that individual under “Add a Guest” in the Orientation registration.
- Be sure to add an email address for the family member that will be attending the program.
- The family member should check his/her email for the automatic confirmation email specific to the Family Orientation program.
- The Family Orientation program is optional.
- The Family Orientation program is concurrent with the student program.
- Topics covered include; academic environment and academic support programs, career services, counseling and health services, and campus resources.
2. Pay the Orientation Fee
All incoming students are required to pay a New Student Programs Orientation fee of $95. Family members that choose to attend the Family Orientation Program are also required to pay a Family Orientation fee of $25. These fees cover all costs associated with Orientation as well as resources available to students during the academic year.
Pay your Orientation fee online using a credit card, checking or savings account at epay.albany.edu.
- Login to epay.albany.edu using your UAlbany NetID and password.
- Select the “Deposits” tab at the top of the page; do not use the "Payments" tab to pay deposits.
- Select the Spring 2015 term.
- Under “Make a Deposit Payment,” select “Orientation - Transfer Student ($95).”
- If a parent or family member will be attending the Family Orientation program, you can select “Orientation - Transfer Student & Parent ($120)” to pay both fees.
- Follow the steps to make your deposit using a credit card, checking or savings account.
The Orientation fee will also appear on your student E-bill after you have paid your admission deposit.
3. Check your UAlbany Email
- After completing your online registration, check your UAlbany email account for an automatic confirmation email.
- Read all of the information included in the email.
- Click on the links to view the Orientation Map and Orientation Parking Pass.
- Print out the confirmation email, map and parking pass to bring with you to Orientation.
- Follow the instructions in the email about when and where to arrive for Orientation.
4. Complete the Welcome Website Checklist
Don’t forget to complete all of the items listed on the Freshmen Student Checklist on the Welcome Website. Students must review and complete the information listed under “Choose Your Classes” before attending Orientation.
5. Review Orientation Website
Go to the Orientation Website for more information about Orientation!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you at Orientation!
PH: (518) 442-5509 FX: (518) 442-5835