Transfer Student Financial Aid Information
The current status of your financial aid award may be viewed on MyUAlbany. Please monitor your "To-Do" items. Items that are not completed may prevent processing of your award.
- If you have been offered and are interested in receiving any of the following awards, you must logon to MyUAlbany to accept the award offer for:
- Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Federal Work-Study
- Athletic Scholarships
- For Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans, you must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. These steps are required for all first time UAlbany Direct Loan borrowers. By signing the MPN you are agreeing to the terms of the loan, and by completing Entrance Counseling, you gain a better understanding of your obligation to repay the loan.
- For Federal Perkins Loans, you must complete a separate Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will be mailed specific Federal Perkins Entrance Counseling and MPN completion instructions to your permanent address as listed on your MyUAlbany. By signing the MPN you are agreeing to the terms of the loan, and by completing Entrance Counseling, you gain a better understanding of your obligation to repay the loan.
Application for Financial Aid: It is not too late to apply. Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and list the University at Albany’s school code (002835). The Financial Aid Office will review your application and notify you of your eligibility.
Scholarships: If you will receive aid/scholarships from any source outside of the University, please send a copy of the official notification letter to the Office of Financial Aid, CC G26. Please be sure to include your name and Albany ID. You will be notified of any award adjustments via your University at Albany email.
- Click on “Direct Parent PLUS Loan” for information on the PLUS program and application process. Please note, the application and PLUS Master Promissory Note are required to properly process your request.
Questions? Additional detailed information is available on the Student Financial Center (SFC) website. The Student Financial Center is available by phone at (518) 442-3202, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and in person at the Campus Center, Ground Floor, G26.