International Student Information on Obtaining Your SUNYCard
Your SUNYCard provides access to residence halls, fitness centers, meal plans, vending machines, Shop24, Munch Money, Podium, library services and UAlbany bus services.
For your protection, your SUNYCard can only be used by you. Purchases made with your SUNYCard that exceed $25 will require a second form of photo identification.
All students will receive their first SUNYCard during the Orientation program and must complete the steps below one week prior to arriving.
This information pertains to:
Freshman or transfer students; international freshman or transfer students; EOP freshman or transfer students; inbound study abroad/exchange students; and international or domestic graduate students.
Steps to obtain your SUNYCard:
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password
- Select the “Campus Life” tab
- Select “SUNYCard Online Services”, on the left, under SUNYCard Services (You will be brought to the SUNYCard Online Services- GET site)
- Select “Click here to login”
- Select “Upload ID Photo” on the right
- Follow instructions to upload a current photo for production
You will receive your SUNYCard upon check-in.
Your SUNYCard will be produced prior to your arrival for Orientation and distributed upon check-in. You will need to provide an official form of photo identification (e.g. driver’s license or passport) to receive your SUNYCard. There is no charge for the first card issued to you.