International Student Health Center Requirements
3 Required Steps for All UAlbany International Students (details follow):
1. Submit MMR Information
2. Submit Required Health Form
3. Acknowledge Meningitis Statement
1. Per Public Health Law 2165, all students taking 6 or more credits must submit a copy of their MMR immunizations (or copies of lab tests confirming immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella). Details on Immunization requirements can be found on our website.
2. In addition, all students taking 6 credits or more must submit a completed Required Health Form. This form and any supporting information should be received no later than January 1 for students entering in the spring (or within two weeks of admission).
This form does not require a physician evaluation and can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
Failure to submit a completed Required Health Form and MMR immunization proof will result in administrative holds being placed on a student’s account, which may affect registration for classes.
3. In addition to the above requirements, all students must comply with PHL-2167 which requires them to acknowledge receipt of information pertinent to Meningococcal meningitis and the Meningococcal vaccine. This can be easily accomplished by signing on to MyUAlbany.
Click here for more information about Health Forms.
Mandatory Vaccination and Tuberculosis Screening Process For International Students
Vaccinations Requirements: Measles, Mumps and Rubella
Per New York State Law, all UAlbany Students are required to prove they have had two measles and at least one mumps and one rubella vaccination OR have proof by blood tests that they are immune to these diseases.
We will accept any one of the following documentations of your MMR vaccinations (must be in English):
- A copy of your immunizations on an official government/ school letterhead — the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR
- A copy of your immunizations on physician’s letterhead, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR
- Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must accompany this form for acceptance.
Tuberculosis (TB) Requirements
All International Students will be evaluated for Tuberculosis during orientation week. Please visit the Health Center’s website for details of the testing.