We are pleased to welcome you to the University at Albany for the Fall 2014 semester. To help you make a smooth transition to the UAlbany community, your Academic Advisor, student Orientation Assistant, and many other University representatives are excited to welcome and guide you during your Orientation program.
During Orientation, you will:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor, finalize your course selections and receive academic information that will assist you at the start of classes.
- Attend informational meetings to learn about academic and co-curricular life, personal and property safety, and how to be successful academically at UAlbany.
- Become familiar with classrooms and facilities.
- Receive your SUNYCard student ID.
- Meet new classmates, faculty and staff.
Register for Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" link.
- Find the "Orientation Registration" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Select the Orientation date that works for you. If you encounter a problem registering, please contact New Student Programs at (518) 442-5509 or email@example.com.
- Complete the Orientation Reservation by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
A $210 freshman student Orientation fee covers all expenses associated with orientation and programs for new students. This fee will be included in your Fall 2014 tuition bill. No payment is due now or before Orientation.
To Do Prior to Your Orientation Day
Review New Freshman Advisement Information, then submit your Course Request Form according to the instructions.
Family Orientation Program
Parents/guardians or other family members are invited to attend a Family Orientation Program that is separate from the student program. Typical topics covered are: academic environment and academic support programs, on-campus living, counseling and health services, financial aid and billing, and information from Family Programs. Parents can also register for UAlbany Family Connections to receive on-going University updates. Please visit our website to view a Family Orientation schedule and other information of interest to parents.
Note: The Family Orientation is optional and separate from the student program. There is a $55 fee per family to attend.
When and Where to Report
More detailed information about when and where to report for your Orientation will be sent to your UAlbany email account upon submission of your Orientation Reservation (see "Register for Orientation" above).
PH: (518) 442-5509 FX: (518) 442-5835