Freshman Orientation Program
Orientation programs assist new students as they make the transition to life at the University at Albany. Our friendly and informed staff will provide the guidance and support you need to become fully integrated into the campus community.
To register and prepare for orientation, please follow the 5 steps below.
5 Easy Steps to Prepare for Orientation:
1. Register for Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" tab on the top.
- Click on the "Register for Orientation" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Login to the Orientation Registration using your NetID and password (Note: You will be able to login to the registration website 1-2 business days following the payment of your Admission deposit).
- Complete the registration. If you encounter any problems registering, please contact New Student Programs.
- Complete the Orientation registration by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
If you have paid your admission deposit but have not yet received your PIN to set up your NetID and password on MyUAlbany, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (518) 442-3700.
- Availability of dates may vary per student based on admission status, intended major, and event capacity.
- For questions relating to registration, email New Student Programs at email@example.com. You will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
- If a family member or guest would like to attend the Family Orientation program, the student should register that individual under “Family Orientation” in the Orientation registration.
- Be sure to add an email address for the family member that will be attending the program.
- The family member should check his/her email for the automatic confirmation email specific to the Family Orientation program.
- The Family Orientation program is optional.
- The Family Orientation program is concurrent with the student program.
- Topics covered include: academic environment and academic support programs, career services, counseling and health services, and campus resources.
2. Pay the Orientation Fee
All incoming freshman students are required to pay a Freshman Student Orientation fee of $225. Family members that choose to attend the Family Orientation Program are also required to pay a Freshman Parent Orientation fee of $65. These fees cover all costs associated with Orientation as well as resources available to students during the academic year.
Pay your Orientation fee online using a credit card, checking or savings account at epay.albany.edu.
Login to epay.albany.edu using your UAlbany NetID and password.
Select the “eDeposits” tab at the top of the page. Do not use the "Payments" tab to pay deposits. The screen heading will now be "Deposit Payment."
- Under "Make a Deposit Payment for Term," select Fall 2015 and click select.
Under “Make a Deposit Payment,” select “Orientation - Freshmen Student ($225)” and click select. NOTE: Be sure to pay the dollar amount shown next to your selection; e.g., if the deposit selection you choose says $225, pay $225 even if the “Current Account Status - Balance” on the Welcome Page says $75, the difference between the $150 Admission Deposit payment and the $225 Freshman Student Orientation fee.
If a parent or family member will be attending the Family Orientation program, you can select “Orientation - Freshman Student & Parent ($290)” to pay both fees.
Follow the remaining steps to make your deposit using a checking, savings or credit card account.
The Student Orientation fee will be added to your student account after you have paid your admission deposit. The Orientation fee payment will also appear on your student account as soon as it is paid.
If the Parent Orientation fee is not paid prior to a family member attending Orientation, the fee will appear on your student account, and later, on your E-Bill when that is issued.
3. Check your UAlbany Email
After completing your online registration, check your UAlbany email account for an automatic confirmation email.
Read all of the information included in the email.
Click on the links to view the Orientation Map and Orientation Parking Pass.
Print out the confirmation email, map and parking pass to bring with you to Orientation.
Follow the instructions in the email about when and where to arrive for Orientation.
4. Complete the Welcome Website Checklist
Don’t forget to complete all of the items listed on the Freshmen Student Checklist on the Welcome Website. Students must review and complete the information listed under “Choose Your Classes” and "Submit a SUNYCard ID Photo" before attending Orientation.
5. Review Orientation Website
Go to the Orientation Website for more information about Orientation!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you at Orientation!
PH: (518) 442-5509 FX: (518) 442-5835