Freshman Orientation Program
Orientation programs assist new students as they make the transition to life at the University at Albany. Our friendly and informed staff will provide the guidance and support you need to become fully integrated into the campus community.
To register and prepare for orientation, please follow the steps below.
Register for Orientation
- Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Campus Life" tab on the top.
- Click on the "Register for Orientation" link on the left under "Orientation."
- Login to the Orientation Registration using your NetID and password (Note: You will be able to login to the registration website 1-2 days following the payment of your admission deposit).
- Complete the registration. If you encounter any problems registering, please contact New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your Orientation fee. You will be prompted to pay the Student Orientation fee of $100 during your registration. This is a mandatory fee that all new students pay.
- Complete the Orientation registration by clicking the submit button!
- Review and print the Orientation confirmation materials sent to your UAlbany email address.
If you have paid your admission deposit but have not yet received your PIN to set up your NetID and password on MyUAlbany, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (518) 442-3700.
The Spring Freshman Orientation Date is Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
- Resident students may move into their residence hall on Sunday, January 17th at 12pm.
- Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
- If a family member would like to attend the Family Orientation program, the student should register that individual under “Family Orientation” in the Orientation registration.
- Be sure to add an email address for the family member that will be attending the program.
- The Family Orientation fee is $25 per family. You will be prompted to pay this fee while registering for Orientation, along with the Student Orientation fee.
- The family member should check his/her email for the automatic confirmation email specific to the Family Orientation program.
- The Family Orientation program is optional.
- The Family Orientation program is concurrent but separate from the student program.
- Topics covered include: academic environment and academic support programs, career services, counseling and health services, financial services, and campus resources.
Prepare for Orientation
- Print out your confirmation email, map, and parking pass to bring with you to Orientation.
- Complete all of the items listed on the Freshman Student Checklist on the Welcome Website. Students must review and complete the information listed under “Choose Your Classes” and “Submit SUNYCard ID Photo” before attending Orientation.
- Go to the Orientation Website for more information about Orientation!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you at Orientation!