EOP Freshman Access to MyUAlbany and UAlbany Mail Account
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides the technology resources you’ll need for the duration of your studies. You’ll start using campus IT services right away; here’s how to get started.
1. Activate your account and set your password.
- Visit MyUAlbany. Select UAlbany Password Set/Reset from the Quick Links menu.
- Follow the prompts to enter your SSN or AlbanyID, date of birth, and PIN. Your Albany ID is written in your Official Acceptance Letter and your PIN is e-mailed to you separately. If you don't know your PIN, select Forgot your PIN? and follow the instructions.
- Create a complex password and set the security questions for your account.
- A confirmation message will display your NetID and the systems you have access to. Never share your PIN or password with anyone.
2. Log on to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password.
- Visit MyUAlbany. Select STUDENT LOG ON and enter your NetID and password to get into the portal.
- Select Demographic Information, then Email Addresses to obtain your UAlbany Mail address. Please verify all your personal information and update it whenever there are changes.
- Always "Sign Out" of MyUAlbany and close all browser windows to protect your information.
3. Log in to your University email account.
- Links to UAlbany Mail are available at or within MyUAlbany and the ITS website.
- Enter your NetID and password to access your mailbox. Please note that when you activate your account, it takes at least 15 minutes before your UAlbany Mail account can be accessed. If you attempt to log in and receive a message that your account is blocked, please wait at least 15 minutes before trying again.
- Visit the ITS Website for more information on setting up and managing your UAlbany Mail account.
All students, faculty and staff are expected to use campus IT resources in a manner consistent with the University's Responsible Use of Information Technology Policy.
For more information on campus IT services, visit the ITS website. If you need assistance, please contact the ITS HelpDesk by submitting a help request, visiting Lecture Center 27, or calling (518) 442-3700.