EOP Freshman Financial Aid Information
Haven't applied yet?
- It’s not too late! File the FAFSA using UAlbany’s school code of 002835 at www.fafsa.gov. View our SUNY Financial Aid video.
- Use the Finances tab of MyUAlbany to monitor important notices that you need to act on. Unresolved or incomplete items can delay and/or result in the loss of financial aid.
Need help understanding your award letter?
- Students eligible to be awarded aid can view their financial aid offer on MyUAlbany.
- View our SUNY Smart Track Award Letter video.
What do I need to do next?
- If you have been offered and are interested in receiving any of the following awards, you must logon to MyUAlbany to accept the award offer for:
- Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Work-Study
- Athletic Scholarships
- For Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans, you must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. These steps are required for all first time UAlbany Direct Loan borrowers. By signing the MPN you are agreeing to the terms of the loan, and by completing Entrance Counseling, you gain a better understanding of your obligation to repay the loan.
- For Scholarships received from sources outside of the University, be sure to send a copy of the official notification letter, including your name and Albany ID, to the Office of Financial Aid, CC G26. You will be notified of any award adjustments via your UAlbany email.
Parents, considering a Parent Loan?
- Click on “Direct Parent PLUS Loan” for information on the PLUS program and application process. A credit approved application and signed PLUS Master Promissory Note are required to properly process your loan.
- In some instances PLUS Counseling will be required. The U.S. Department of Education will inform you directly should you be required to complete the additional PLUS Counseling step.
Questions? Additional detailed information is available on the Student Financial Center (SFC) website. The Student Financial Center is available by phone at (518) 442-3202, by email at email@example.com and in person at the Campus Center, Ground Floor, G26.