Health Center Requirements
4 Required Steps for All UAlbany Students (details follow):
1. Submit MMR Information
2. Submit Required Health Form
3. Acknowledge Meningitis Statement
4. Health Insurance - Hard Waiver Requirement
1. Per Public Health Law 2165, all students taking 6 or more credits must submit a copy of their MMR immunizations (or copies of lab tests confirming immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella). Details on Immunization requirements can be found on our website.
2. In addition, all students taking 6 credits or more must submit a completed Required Health Form. This form and any supporting information should be received no later than December 1 for students entering in the spring (or within two weeks of admission).
This form does not require a physician evaluation and can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
Failure to submit a completed Required Health Form and MMR immunization proof will result in administrative holds being placed on a student’s account, which may affect registration for classes.
3. In addition to the above requirements, all students must comply with PHL-2167 which requires them to acknowledge receipt of information pertinent to Meningococcal meningitis and the Meningococcal vaccine. This can be easily accomplished by signing on to MyUAlbany.
Click here for more information about Health Forms.
4. Health Insurance - Hard Waiver Requirement for domestic full time (taking 12 credits or more) undergraduate students only
- All UAlbany domestic full time undergraduate students are automatically billed for the UAlbany Health Insurance Plan.
- Students currently with health insurance can waive out of this charge by submitting their insurance information through the on-line waiver form available at: albany.edu/ship
- Students who fail to submit a waiver by the mid-point of the fall semester are automatically enrolled in the health insurance plan and responsible for the insurance charge
- Full time undergraduate students without proof of health insurance submitted through the online waiver system by the midpoint of the semester are automatically enrolled and required to purchase the school sponsored Health plan with no exceptions
- If you wish to receive your insurance cards sooner than the mid-point we recommend you actively enroll at albany.edu/ship.
- Please visit this website for more information regarding the insurance, the waiver and enrolling in the plan.